Who makes SureFire 123 batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well the only 2 manufacturers i know of are Sanyo or Panasonic. Find out which company has a plant in the US, and you have your answer (but only IF that blurb is accurate).
Id like to add that it doesnt really matter to me who makes the SF123's, they are the best brand i have tried and i'll continue to use them. They are also cheaper than the Duracells, which is all ive been able to find in the shops here.

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
To order Surefire batteries, is Surefire (direct) the best choice for that or is there someplace else?

When you guys do these tests with the batteries, are you using Surefire lights or some other modded light with a higher current draw?

I will be more inclined to use "random" modded light with high current draw for my comparision instead of a Surefire light. Just my thought.

I am interested in finding cheap prices for Duracell but I cannot seem to find the price as low as the SF123A. any ideas?

AlecGold

Enlightened
I normaly use GP batteries and I can tell you they suck. Yellowish light, bad performance, not very long lasting. Only reason I bought them was the price difference: I can buy the GP for 4,50 Euro and any other brand from 8E up to 14 E! And at nearly half the price they perform aobut 60-65% of a Duracel.
Since I have been able to buy SureFires for prices as low as 2.5E It has never been anything else but SF's.
I cant tell or they are better then Duracel or panasonics, but at this price? they cant fail!

Greta

Flashaholic
As always, the old cliche of "You get what you pay for" definately applies here. What cost your safety?

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Before SureFire starting offering the SF123A all of the SureFires that I'd ever bought shipped with Duracells inside.

Ray_of_Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
A suggestion. Try to compare the "smell" of SF123 and DL123 after being used in the flashlight, and the flashlight being stored, afterward, in a carton box.

Repeat the comparative "smell" test between SF123s against any other 123 brand, Panasonic and Sanyo included.

This may help in making a good guess on the real SF123 manufacture...

Anthony

MDM

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
dano said:
Duracell does not OEM. Panasonic is (or was) manufactured by Sanyo. The SF cells are identical to Ray-o-Vacs in contruction, especially if you remove the labels.

--dan

[/ QUOTE ]

Duracell makes Costco's Kirkland brand of AA's...

ufokillerz

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
MDM said:

Duracell makes Costco's Kirkland brand of AA's...

[/ QUOTE ]

are you sure? lol and they put their brand right next to duracell at my local costco

Harrkev

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
batterystation said:
Again I ask what would Duracell be doing with red shrinkwrap?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a box of SF 123s at home right now. I also threw in a couple of Duracell 123s that I had lying around in the box. I noticed that they are quite different! One type had two vent holes in the nipple, and the other had three (I forget which is which). So they do not even look the same...

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Incans run with SF brand are noticabley whiter than with duracell. Runtime is neck and neck though.

PANASONIC is the manufacturer.

How do I know?: County Comm was selling CR123 batteries for .75 each until we sold out. Don't you think we had to shop very carefully to be able to sell them for that price and make money? A follow-up question would be: "who makes Streamlight Batteries?" Clue: The same people that make batteries for Streamlight make them for Sure Fire.
How much extra does it cost to make private label a battery? When I was researching this a year ago my cost to private label a battery was 8 tenths of a penny per cell in the quantities we were working with.

Kiu

Enlightened
After i readings all these :
surefire

rayovac

panasonic

sanyo

The questions has came down.
panasonic? not sanyo??
I will believe SF 123 isn't made by rayovac or duracell.
As they are not the japanese companpy that SF are talking about.

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
CC saying so, SF is saying Japanese company and US Lithium factory too - so it pretty surely must be Panasonic then.

Klaus

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Strange. The Panasonics available here in the UK really suck. Perhaps ours come from a different factory?

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you Frank at Countrycom.

Every one here seems to be frightened to "insult" Surefire by placing credit/blame on ANYONE else making the damn things except some sort of a higher "power", or supreme being.

I get a bit bored by Surefire worship.............

This is for SURE. Every light company is here to: MAKE A PROFIT.

I do NOT believe Surefire/BMW/Mercedes, or any other company exists to further human development, other than to increase profit margins. If some of them appeal to our desire to put the companies motives on a high pedestal, so much the better for the company, for all of us to believe it.

You may go down that road as far as it pleases you. It's a free country (more or less).

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
This has got to be one of the dumbest, why-can't-it-die, theads that I've seen in the past 3 years.

Other than wasting many ones and zeros, what is the point of all this? No really, what's the point?

Either you like SF and buy their stuff or you don't. You like Ray O Vac - you buy their stuff and so it goes with every other battery manufacturer out there.

I'm just tired of seeing this dead subject come up whenever I look at the Latest Threads.

And what if it is Panasonic or Duracell or someone else. Is anyone going to rewrite their will or stop eating fatty foods? You gonna start attending church regularly once you find out? Let it go...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dedhorse.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dedhorse.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dedhorse.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.