• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Who whants to mod my mcgizmo pd!?

toastystuff

Enlightened
OK so I've finally found my first mcgizmo. It's a chrome mcgizmo Pd and It's a great light but I really whant to bring it up to date with all the new led tech. I've done some research and it seems back in the day there were a couple of modders who would perform current bumps and emitter swaps to these torches without desecrating dons original vision so I've decided that's what I whant for this pd. I can be contacted at [email protected] or Here at cpf. Thx guys here are some pics for attention.

image6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Have a word with Sean(SOYCD), he is a great guy and skilled at the gizmo side(and many others). I would drop him a PM to see if he can for you.

toastystuff

Enlightened
I tried pming him about a week ago and he never responded. Maybe he is to busy....

toastystuff

Enlightened
The chromed versions were very rare ....

Yea I'm happy I scored this one. Love the ui and form factor but it's no quite bright enough on hi for me to edc at work the low however is very useful around the house. The trit in the piston is dead so I'll have someone install a new one or do it myself.

YummyBacon!

Enlightened
He was on vacation recently, try again.

Yea I'm happy I scored this one. Love the ui and form factor but it's no quite bright enough on hi for me to edc at work the low however is very useful around the house. The trit in the piston is dead so I'll have someone install a new one or do it myself.

toastystuff

Enlightened
Thx yummy bacon I'll try again next week. I don't whant to pester him, anybody know who else would mod these older lights?

ven

Flashaholic
Maybe try gunga, he has done a good few led swaps over the years. He swapped a 219C in a v11R for me a few months back , a pleasure to deal with!

Others to try in no order , tana,vinh,VOB(Matt)

ven

Flashaholic
Have you tried tana?

if your happy for just an LED swap i am sure Don would do it for you. Current bump wise, imo 3a is about the very max you want as it will just get crazy hot fast! Tbh i would maybe keep as is and go for a nice LED option so it remains full usable in all modes for no limit on time.

Last edited:

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey - sorry if I didn't reply to PM. Been crazy busy with a new job. I can help you out with a LED swap bringing that side of things up to date. I'm not sure on the current bump side of things though.