• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Why CPF users don't buy more Peaks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumenz

Enlightened
Guess it is just me, but why is this thread continuing? What purpose does it serve, and has anything changed as a result of this thread?

Bill

That is exactly the reason this thread still exists. If things had changed for the better, this thread would have vanished long ago.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
That is exactly the reason this thread still exists. If things had changed for the better, this thread would have vanished long ago.

So there is a mission here, a purpose? Do you want someone to listen to this, who can make a difference?

Bill

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
That being said, I agree with the point being made. If he thinks talking to an American is bad, he should try talking to a Scot or an Australian. In theory English is their native language...in practice I'm not so sure...:D

As you said, with our thick Aussie accents, we Australians can't understand each others' spoken english but we can make pretty convincing grunting noises to make ourselves understood!!!!

James......:)

Last edited:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are going to make a jab about American English, you should first learn the "ABC's" of spelling, capitalization, and grammar. Your glaring mistakes are wrong in either version of the English language.

Yep, you're right. We only learn English in secondary school and we focus on German and French while we speak Luxembourgish. Unfortunately, we don't use English anymore after school (that's 18 years for me) and it's only due to Internet that I can maintain a level in writing which is just OK for some forums.

What's more, our school system is so bad, that we even don't learn 10-finger-typing. When I asked a teacher why we didn't learn that, he answered that after university we would get a manager job and a secretary who'd do the typing for us. Well, that failed somehow, I still must do the typing myself.

As for understanding spoken American English, we (let's say myself, other people are more clever) have to read the french subtitles if we go to the cinema, I often only hear "uauaua uaua uauauauau". I should perhaps travel to the USA, after a few weeks I would perhaps hear "welcome to the USA".

I apologize for my many mistakes, I should read my text before submitting, but I even didn't do that during exams in school because I think it sucks.

Back to topic : I'll get my Peak, aren't that good news? :party:

fyrstormer

Banned
As for understanding spoken American English, we (let's say myself, other people are more clever) have to read the french subtitles if we go to the cinema, I often only hear "uauaua uaua uauauauau". I should perhaps travel to the USA, after a few weeks I would perhaps hear "welcome to the USA".
It's no secret that Americans speak with their mouths more open than almost everyone else, which definitely makes us seem louder even if we're not. I've noticed that, no matter where someone is from, when they sing in English they usually sound like they have an American accent. When I speak Italian, I feel like I have to close my lips so tightly to make the proper sounds that I can barely make any sounds at all. I think Europeans just have too much practice saying everything in a whisper so the King's spies won't hear.

Last edited:

MKLight

Enlightened
The only "normal" language is the one you're comfortable with...at least we can all communicate and understand each other. lovecpf :twothumbs

Take care,
MK

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
Back on track guys. :naughty:

Bill

I get the impression that Bill is a no nonsense type of guy!
I like your style sir!
Anyhow....since all of us that frequent this thread KNOW that Robyn and Curt have posted here and have likely lurked for MORE feedback that they would possibly ever need or want. They will do whatever they want/have to do to survive. Maybe they will even hire one of us as an overseas distributor who knows???:poke::whistle::popcorn:

DM51

Flashaholic
As Bullzeyebill says, this thread needs to get back on track. National/Regional accents are nothing to do with anything here.

Please would members stay on topic, or the thread will close.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, we could speak about my upcoming Ti Caribbean...

As I said, I got one answer from Robyn where he said that he would have the light built special for me, with a little less output and longer runtime.

I asked for such an "efficient" level, as I thought I had to specify an output, that the website lacked that information. Being confused by the 5 hours runtime they claim for the light, I wrote back that I don't understand what those 5 hours are. My first light I bought was advertised 2.5 hours, when I had the light I learned that it's 1 hour full output and 1.5 hours (un)usable output...

No reply on my answer, I hope it was read and I'm curious what I'll get. It would have been good to know about that runtime and also what 1.050 CP can be compared to. I love Ti lights and I'm hooked on everything that is unlikely to fail on me. It'll depend on what I get here if I'll want to have more Peaks...

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
As Bullzeyebill says, this thread needs to get back on track. National/Regional accents are nothing to do with anything here.

Please would members stay on topic, or the thread will close.

Hank Lu- please post a review about your light when you get it.
DM51- please close this thread- it outlived it's usefulness a long time ago IMO.
Could I perhaps get a Ditto or a +1 or a "I second that motion" here? Anyone else want to see this thread closed?
No offense intended to anyone here....
Respectfully- RC

Last edited:

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
DM51- please close this thread- it outlived it's usefulness a long time ago IMO. Could I perhaps get a Ditto or a +1 or a "I second that motion" here? Anyone else want to see this thread closed?
Respectfully- RC

+1 Twice! It's been quite some time since anything constructive has been posted here. This is not the first time there has been a deviation from the original post. And complaints or questions about specific problems, if any, should be addressed in a new and clearly identified thread so that others interested in the issue may see it and then contribute directly as they see fit.

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
+1 Twice! It's been quite some time since anything constructive has been posted here. This is not the first time there has been a deviation from the original post. And complaints or questions about specific problems, if any, should be addressed in a new and clearly identified thread so that others interested in the issue may see it and then contribute directly as they see fit.

Amen to that!
Please let this thread R.I.P....It is time to move on and DM51 has the
power to make that happen.

MKLight

Enlightened
Hank Lu- please post a review about your light when you get it.
DM51- please close this thread- it outlived it's usefulness a long time ago IMO.
Could I perhaps get a Ditto or a +1 or a "I second that motion" here? Anyone else want to see this thread closed?
Respectfully- RC

Respectfully, +2

Status
Not open for further replies.