Will Nitecore be upgrading the srt7?

TA_ls1

Enlightened
Just like they did with the mh20, I'm worried that once I buy this light they'll make a srt7 gt or a new similar improved light that uses the selector ring. The srt7 has been out for several years also.

Does anyone know if they have plans for this? Thanks.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just like they did with the mh20, I'm worried that once I buy this light they'll make a srt7 gt or a new similar improved light that uses the selector ring. The srt7 has been out for several years also.

Does anyone know if they have plans for this? Thanks.

Best you mail Nitecore would be my answer,just done the same myself to Apple products and got a very satisfactory reply about a forthcoming upgrade product.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
as of now Nitecore has no plans on upgrading the SRT line. That is their official stance and what they tell the public. Despite now being old tech the SRT line still sells extremely well. Still NC would be negligent if they did not at least have the revamped SRT's designed on a computer and ready to start early production of test models.

TA_ls1

Enlightened
I emailed them earlier, so if they respond I'll probably get the same answer. That sucks but I understand, why make a new one when the current ones still hold their value. I have an mh27, so I guess the only thing I really want with the srt7 is the selector ring and the fact that for each color, all 3 LEDs light up vs one for each color on the mh27. I wonder why all 3 don't light up for each color on the mh27? A srt7 with the XP-L hi or an XHP would be awesome.

Last edited:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
different emitters for the secondary colored LEDs between the two. The colored emitters on the 27 are much brighter than the 7. I agree if the 27 had the selector ring it would be perfect. If NC does more selector ring lights the model number designations will likely be different. NC seems to have invested heavily in XP-L HI V3 emitters they are stuffing them in damn near everything now so I assume any new selector ring models above a certain size will likely have them.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was hoping for the SRT7 and then the MH27 came out. I bought that and hope they will make an SRT7 XP-L HI V3.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
would not keep your hopes up for a revamped SRT line. MH27 basically is an SRT7GT just without the selector ring. NC will still keep selling the now old tech SRT line unchanged for at least the next two years before any new SRT light is released.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
BTW, Nitecore produces one funny light -- EF1 -- blast resistant :)

EF1_OI_EN.png

Last edited:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
EF1 is pretty interesting actually and is the first hazardous condition light I have seen with this much output.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
EF1 is pretty interesting actually and is the first hazardous condition light I have seen with this much output.

Ever seen or used the Streamlite LiteBox?

There are a few versions, from incandescent to halogen to HID.

I've heard there's a LED version but haven't played with one yet.

The Lite Box was designed for search and rescue as well as fire department use as it's also rated intrinsically safe.

The HID version is rated at 3350 lumens.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ever seen or used the Streamlite LiteBox?

There are a few versions, from incandescent to halogen to HID.

I've heard there's a LED version but haven't played with one yet.

The Lite Box was designed for search and rescue as well as fire department use as it's also rated intrinsically safe.

The HID version is rated at 3350 lumens.

Well, but all of them are of a suitcase size :) And none of them are rated to withstand a blast excessive pressure wave.

Last edited:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes I am familiar with the big Streamlight LiteBox, FireBox etc. they are pretty darn large and heavy as well as expensive. The EF1 is the first hazardous environment LED light of its hand held size I have seen with such high output is what I should have said. Not keen on the EF1 UI the switch looks plastic.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
how about an explosion proof EFSRT7GT lol. I am confident NC will introduce new SRT lights but as to size and emitter type etc. that is anybody's guess.

Gryffin

Enlightened
BTW, Nitecore produces one funny light -- EF1 -- blast resistant :)

Not at ALL funny if you're in a flammable/explosive environment, and your battery decides to "vent with flame." Could very well save your life, and the lives of those around you.

Yeah, it's very much a niche tool, but right now they *own* the market for high-performance Hazardous Condition lights. So there's that. :D

blakegill66

Newly Enlightened
Not at ALL funny if you're in a flammable/explosive environment, and your battery decides to "vent with flame." Could very well save your life, and the lives of those around you.

Yeah, it's very much a niche tool, but right now they *own* the market for high-performance Hazardous Condition lights. So there's that. :D

Gryffin do you own the EF1?

Gryffin

Enlightened
would not keep your hopes up for a revamped SRT line. MH27 basically is an SRT7GT just without the selector ring. NC will still keep selling the now old tech SRT line unchanged for at least the next two years before any new SRT light is released.

Yeah, the MH27 is the new flagship, that's for sure. At least *somebody* got the idea to use two +/– side switches rather than one to cycle through a bunch o' modes. I'm still not sold on the virtues of in-light charging, since every implementation I've seen takes for-EV-ar.

But, both the MH27 and SRT7 have a serious disadvantage for tactical use: the momentary switch is at the rear, but you have to switch grips to use the forward mode controls. However, the SRT7 has a couple of major advantages: you can select any mode *before* turning it on; and for non-tactical use, you can switch the ring to Standby instead of turning it off at the tail switch, and then have all modes easily available in traditional "underhand" carry, using the ring alone.

So, as a non-LEO/military guy, sure I'd love the XP-L HI and the high-intensity RGB LEDs in my SRT7, but it suits my needs well enough that I won't be swapping it out for an MH27 anytime soon.

Gryffin

Enlightened
Gryffin do you own the EF1?

Nope, but I was just reading a good review last night. Damn thing's built like a bank vault. What I do know of the category is, existing lights tend to be very rugged and very safe, but pretty low tech; nice to see somebody bringing modern LED technology to the segment.

blakegill66

Newly Enlightened
Nope, but I was just reading a good review last night. Damn thing's built like a bank vault. What I do know of the category is, existing lights tend to be very rugged and very safe, but pretty low tech; nice to see somebody bringing modern LED technology to the segment.

I have handled one, built like a tank for sure, can I could not find anything comparable as far as output and size go. Most intrinsically safe at that output are huge!

On your comment about the tactical use of MH27 and SRT7, I agree and find the P10 and P20UV to be the most tactical friendly with the one handed operation.

Latest posts