Will Nitecore be upgrading the srt7?

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
I emailed Nitecore at the end of 2015 asking about plans for the SRT lineup and they said "no updates planned." I'm not sure if they will update this lineup or not, if they do I would think surely by this summer as it will be approaching 3 years I believe since the last update to them. I personally like the smart ring much better than side switches. It's incredibly easy to use and much faster to select the output needed. If they would make a high CRI SRT series in neutral that would be a dream come true for me..

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
On your comment about the tactical use of MH27 and SRT7, I agree and find the P10 and P20UV to be the most tactical friendly with the one handed operation.

Also add to the list, the Nitecore P36 and the Fenix TK35.

Using the overhand grip, these lights are easy to activate and throw a bunch of light.

Gryffin

Enlightened
Also add to the list, the Nitecore P36 and the Fenix TK35.

Using the overhand grip, these lights are easy to activate and throw a bunch of light.

Wow, never saw the Nitecore P36, I like that control knob interface, very interesting...

Both are kinda big for LEO/military handgun/flashlight techniques, like Harries, Chapman or Rogers. Heck, the MH27 & SRT7 are probably pushing the limit of how much weight you can hang in front of your hand in those techniques.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
The P36 weighs just over 8 ounces while the P20UV weighs just under 4, if I recall correctly. Being shaped the way it is, the grip is natural.

I've got the P20's both regular and UV, the P36 and both model of the Fenix TK35.

I've got large hands (no Trump jokes) so the slightly larger lights fit my hand better than lights that are less than 1 inch in diameter.

The P36 is nice in that if you press down on the control knob, this activates the strobe. Let off and the light returns to whatever setting you were using.