Will there be another run of SS Preon ReVos?

tony22

Newly Enlightened
I know I probably should have posted this in the CPFM site, but as it seems like it will be going down for maintenance for a while I was hoping it would be okay to ask here. A SS version of this light is nowhere to be found. Anyone know if a re-run is forthcoming?

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try looking at a stainless Klarus Mi X6. The head and internals are the same as the Revo. Just a different body shape.

Danielsan

Enlightened
I also searched for a SS Revo and then i saw the Klarus are the same and then i orderd the titanium Version of the Klarus :) I always wanted a Ti Revo

tony22

Newly Enlightened
Try looking at a stainless Klarus Mi X6. The head and internals are the same as the Revo. Just a different body shape.

Wow. Really? I wasn't sure they were since the ratings are a bit different, and the Klarus doesn't have the SOS or beacon.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow. Really? I wasn't sure they were since the ratings are a bit different, and the Klarus doesn't have the SOS or beacon.

You are right, there are some feature differences, which I think are minor but might be more important to other people.
The MiX6 has M-L-H-Str mode sequence, which is different than the L-M-H Revo sequence.
I don't think the ratings are different enough to perceive with the eyes.
The Klarus is lower priced than the Revo.
According to the selfbuilt review, the MiX6 head will screw onto the Revo body and work.
He also says that the drivers are "very similar", both using current-regulation and behaving about the same.
I think they are basically the same light, with some minor differences so that they aren't called "copies" of each other.

If these small differences are not a deal-breaker, you can get the SS MiX6 for about the same money as the aluminum Revo. Or you can get a Ti MiX6 for just a little less than the SS Revo.

I mentioned it because if you can't get a Revo, you can get basically the same thing from Klarus, with minor variations.

tony22

Newly Enlightened
yeah but what is better SOS and Beacon or titanium, who on earth needs the other mods :)

I'd pass on Ti for this model since it will be in my pocket most of the time with coins and keys. Titanium would get really scratched up.

bansuri

Enlightened
Me too. Perhaps they will expand on the ReVo offerings and come out with a whole line for all battery types.
I can dream, can't I?

Danielsan

Enlightened
Titanium would get really scratched up.
SS normally scratches very easily, titanium is a bit harder then SS, the difference is that the SS is kind of polished so you dont see the scratches as fast as on a matt finish but anyway i wouldnt put such a nice light together with keys, i wouldnt put the SS Version together with keys as well but Titanium is so much nicer then SS i could really drop Beacon and SOS. I will buy a decent leather condom for mine, similar to the leather bags for cell phones.