Wizard / Wizard Pro. Multi-flashlights.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
No way this issue will show up on video. A very fast micro flicker going in sequence with the indicator light. Slight enough to be annoying but not sure if it would show up on video. Wonder if that will increase the 'HASSLE FREE" thing. LOL!

I am not so sure what they will do. I did find that I got a better response after I talked to the ArmyTek rep on CPF. I pm'd him and supposedly he passed my message on to a lady named Sandra.

They wanted to know exactly what batteries I was using including Mah and brand, then wanted to see a video. After they saw the video they still rejected it until I pm'd the Armytek rep. Blah what a pain. I sincerely wish you luck. Please keep us posted . Maybe they are better now as many people have complained. My issue was just after this past Christmas. So 8 months ago or so.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Another interesting thing. Not sure if anyone knows but the always on state indicator function doesn't work. It does work but only allows press and hold activation of the light aka press and hold the switch for last mode used and that's it. Once switch is released the light goes out. I think it somehow gets into tactical mode.

Edit. I got the always on state indicator function to work. Kinda cool!

edit again. But still has that annoying micro flicker in the 30 lumen mode. Bummer. I was hoping maybe changing this around would somehow fix it. No flicker in the lower firefly modes during the constant on state indicator or higher but still same issue with the 30. Dang that's my favorite mode. What so difficult about that setting anyways? LOL! Seems to been a source of problems from the get go. Tell you all one thing. Once this is all straightened out I am going to use the constant indicator for hikes etc to help mitigate a lost light.

Last edited:

gyzmo2002

Enlightened
It's hard to see at first but once seen can't be unseen. Do you have the true 30 lumen M1 mode?

No...just checked it and compared with my Tiara A1 with 14500 cell at M2(70lm) and my Wizards are near 100lm on M1.

As I could see, they have decreased the 100lm to 30lm in the "new" UI according to the specs and with your unit.

Does my Tiara A1 is really at 70lm? Never checked it.

Last edited:

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
AT fixes one problem, only to introduce another. Not surprising.
The state indicator on my sample (100 lm M1) can be turned on for all modes, or turned off for only the L mode group.
There is a bug though. With it turned off for the L mode group, the switch still flashes once every 5 seconds for two times. Very annoying as the flash is brighter than the 2 lowest modes.

The light can be configured into a "tactical mode," as WW mentioned: in which the light stays on as long as the switch is held.

If only several designers from Zebralight would defect to AT...they might end up with the perfect light.

Woods Walker

No...just checked it and compared with my Tiara A1 with 14500 cell at M2(70lm) and my Wizards are near 100lm on M1.

As I could see, they have decreased the 100lm to 30lm in the "new" UI according to the specs and with your unit.

Does my Tiara A1 is really at 70lm? Never checked it.

Either 60 or 70 for the A1 and it looks it. Ok then it might be a problem with the new or rather old but reintroduced (before introduction) 30 lumen mode as another person has the same problem. Dang that 30 lumen mode is really really nice.

Woods Walker

AT fixes one problem, only to introduce another. Not surprising.
The state indicator on my sample (100 lm M1) can be turned on for all modes, or turned off for only the L mode group.
There is a bug though. With it turned off for the L mode group, the switch still flashes once every 5 seconds for two times. Very annoying as the flash is brighter than the 2 lowest modes.

The light can be configured into a "tactical mode," as WW mentioned: in which the light stays on as long as the switch is held.

If only several designers from Zebralight would defect to AT...they might end up with the perfect light.

If not for that problem it would be perfect (for my use as perfection is relative). Now the field use review on my Youtube channel will have to be delayed. Amrytek gave me the email of their service center so will send them an email today. Will update the board as to the progress.

Last edited:

Woods Walker

The good news. I got my charger and unprotected high drain along with protected high drain batteries.

Bad news it still flickered on M1 so sent that email to their service center. Don't normally run naked as got the unprotected for use in this light only.

TheGrave

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info everyone. Thinking about using the following batteries.

For protected.

KeepPower 18650 3500mAh Protected Button Top
Sanyo NCR18650GA Internal Cell

Specifications:
Nominal Capacity: 3500 mAh
Nominal Voltage: 3.7V
Discharge End Voltage: 2.5V
Max. Continuous Discharging Current: 10A

For naked.

Sanyo 18650 NCR18650GA 3500mAh High Discharge Flat Top
Nominal Voltage: 3.6V
Standard Charging Current: 1.475A
Charging Voltage: 4.20+-0.05V
Dimensions:
65.3mm (L) x 18.50 mm (D)
Weight: 48.0g
Nominal Voltage: 3.6V
Standard Charging Current: 1.475A
Charging Voltage: 4.20+-0.05V
Dimensions:
65.3mm (L) x 18.50 mm (D)
Weight: 48.0g

I think either one will power it on turbo not that I would use that mode much but in the case of the protected batteries would hate to trip the protection and then have the light keep doing it aka need to put in primaries or unprotected battery to reset the mode. I have a feeling some of the early video problems shown on youtube might have been battery related.

Also need a new charger as going to mix up the NiMH and Lithium ions one of these days so gotta get one that does both.

Xtar VC4 Li-ion, NiMH/NiCd USB Charger

Did you try the KeepPower?

Also, I'm a bit of a newbie on 18650s - does it matter whether you put flat top or button top in this flashlight? Looking at the internals it should be able to take any 18650 regardless of dimensions and terminals. Or am I wrong?

SubLGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently received my Wizard Pro V3 XP-L. ……..So far, after a full days use, my new Wizard has had zero electronic glitches. ...

After 3 months of use, the electronic gremlins have shown up. A light impact on the base or head will will make the lamp flicker once. :sigh:

TheGrave

Newly Enlightened
Guys, how do you comment on this one:

https://eu.nkon.nl/armytek-wizard-pro-v3-xhp50-led.html

What bothers me is that the text in the PDF linked there (latest manual by Armytek which is NOT published on their official website...I'd like to hear a comment by their representative on that):

https://www.nkon.nl/sk/k/Wizard-Pro-v3-XHP-en.pdf

With ambient temperature +25°C the flashlight delivers light in Maximum mode for about 6-10 minutes and then the brightness decreases by 35%.

After cooling-down (provided that battery voltage is sufficient) the brightness increases to the Maximum mode again. This stepping goes cyclically to maintain the user's safety and the flashlight's functionality. In conditions of good air-cooling the flashlight delivers constant light even in Maximum mode.

This contradicts severely with the tests performed by NKON:

It is obvious that the Wizard Pro will get very hot when it is producing 2300 LED lumen. So it switches down to 1250 LED lumen after a little bit. It will still remain quite hot in this lower mode.

When starting on 1250 LED lumen the Wizard will stay there for about an hour and then switch down to 500 LED lumen. At that time it will be quite hot. In the 500 LED lumen mode it will cool down nicely. So the heat protection is for preserving the LED lifetime and not so much for protecting your fingers.

I verified with them - tests were done a few months back (my guess after June's batch release) and manual is about half an year old.

Can you confirm you experience similar results? Obviously, ambient temperature is a key factor here but to me it seems you get a 1250 lumen light good for 1h in average ambient temp conditions which steps down even further after that.

P.S. Sorry for double post in the other topic but based on what I read seems like different people are monitoring the two topics.

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
^^^ Same problem here with the Tiara A1 Pro, the light gets way hot, and there is no stepdown. I'm not a wussy, but after 1-second I had to drop it after grabbing it off the table. If you are not holding the light in hand there is no conduction of the heat so the light will really get hot if placed on say, a non metal table.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...rning-issues&p=4973188&viewfull=1#post4973188

What bothers me is all the hyped up heat protection specs this brand likes to trumpet as part of their "Most Advanced Flashlights in the World" slogan, yet these advancements don't seem to work.

ArmyTek

Enlightened
Guys, how do you comment on this one:

https://eu.nkon.nl/armytek-wizard-pro-v3-xhp50-led.html

What bothers me is that the text in the PDF linked there (latest manual by Armytek which is NOT published on their official website...I'd like to hear a comment by their representative on that):

https://www.nkon.nl/sk/k/Wizard-Pro-v3-XHP-en.pdf

This contradicts severely with the tests performed by NKON:

I verified with them - tests were done a few months back (my guess after June's batch release) and manual is about half an year old.

Can you confirm you experience similar results? Obviously, ambient temperature is a key factor here but to me it seems you get a 1250 lumen light good for 1h in average ambient temp conditions which steps down even further after that.

P.S. Sorry for double post in the other topic but based on what I read seems like different people are monitoring the two topics.
The manual was updated. Please check on https://www.armytek.com/products/flashlights/multi-flashlights/armytek-wizard-pro/

clemence

Newly Enlightened
^^^ Same problem here with the Tiara A1 Pro, the light gets way hot, and there is no stepdown. I'm not a wussy, but after 1-second I had to drop it after grabbing it off the table. If you are not holding the light in hand there is no conduction of the heat so the light will really get hot if placed on say, a non metal table.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...rning-issues&p=4973188&viewfull=1#post4973188

What bothers me is all the hyped up heat protection specs this brand likes to trumpet as part of their "Most Advanced Flashlights in the World" slogan, yet these advancements don't seem to work.

Just FYI: [video]http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?424655-TEST-Armytek-Wizard-Pro-XPL-HD-Warm-How-HOT-Can-It-Be&p=4984148#post4984148[/video]

SubLGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I understand from another post on CPF that the latest Wizards now have a quick release bracket, instead of the silicone rubber holder. I looked on the Armytek website for a photo of the new bracket/holder/cradle but could not find a photo.

Anyone have a link?

ArmyTek

Enlightened
I understand from another post on CPF that the latest Wizards now have a quick release bracket, instead of the silicone rubber holder. I looked on the Armytek website for a photo of the new bracket/holder/cradle but could not find a photo.

Anyone have a link?
The holder is out of stock now.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast

Anyone have a link?

I contacted AT over the weekend and they said it should be for sale on thier site this week.