World's farthest throwing 1 x AA light.

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
jirik_cz: Sorry, I am only selling these as a set.

Here are pictures showing my custom converter in a UF-007 with a custom 1 x AA barrel.

ARC mania

2ag0mcp.jpg

2namg5s.jpg

16a5lyg.jpg

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
greenlight: It would be nice if UF made a forward clickie in another one of their lights so it would just be a plug and play. At the moment, you would need someone to machine a new tailcap to accomodate a forward clickie made by another manufacturer.

ARC mania

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why not machine the treads on the tube to accommodate a different tailcap like one from an e-series for example?

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
i think you did not quite get what i am up to:
i want to build a light unit (tiablo head+emitter+driver+switch+cable) and pouch for the batteries. kinda like a bike light.
i dont want to use a EDC as the light source. what driver emitter/combo would you recommend for max. lumen? power consumption is not an issue since the batt pack is not yet build.

machining the small barrel to fit the tiablo head is not gonna be a problem for me. or is it even possible to machine my barrel from an extension tube or light body from KD? does the thread in the head fit one of those?

Maybe try one of these with a cree xr-e.
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1920
I'm not sure if it will get you the range you need but it should be a lot lighter than an aspheric.

noch

Newly Enlightened
Hey I'm totally new to this stuff and just joined....how much ya looking for something like this?...well either of them.

Metatron

Banned
Metatron: Any pictures? Thanks.

ARC mania
P1010355.jpg

Happy Mike?:thumbsup: I am, folks, this little AA modified by Mike outshines all other led lights powered by 3.6v batts. it out threw my 35watt microfire, it out threw my jil lite, not to mention my dbs v2. this tiny AA is king of the mountain!

Last edited:

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
This isn't a great picture but I can't get it to look exactly as I see it. It's a 1 second shot at f4.5 with the camera set to ISO 80 on a monopod. The strong light at the right is a parking lot light. This was shot at 100 yards as measured by my range finder. I painted a non-reflective sign at 245 yards but couldn't get the camera to cooperate using the same settings. With my eyes it's much much brighter but using my digicam it's very hard to get.

img1076small.jpg

edit: Tried again at 245 yards but with the ISO of 400. All other settings the same. Did I mention that it's 3:20am and there's a full moon. This is a very impressive light.
img1079small.jpg

-LT

Last edited:

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got hold of some 70mm aspherics. The ones in the Tiablo head only measures 44mm. So far from testing, I noticed the 70mm aspheric has a much tighter beam at the same distance as the 44mm and also noticed it throws roughly 1.5 times further. I am thinking about making some 1 x AA lights using the 70mm aspheric. This is going to be fun.

ARC mania

Metatron

Banned
Just got hold of some 70mm aspherics. The ones in the Tiablo head only measures 44mm. So far from testing, I noticed the 70mm aspheric has a much tighter beam at the same distance as the 44mm and also noticed it throws roughly 1.5 times further. I am thinking about making some 1 x AA lights using the 70mm aspheric. This is going to be fun.

ARC mania
bring it onnnn Mike, hey my neighbors are beginning to worry about me, every night they see me outside blinding the neighborhood and chuckling to myself uncontolably:devil:

Latest posts