World's most powerful

Patriot

Flashaholic
I guess life really was good in the 50's. I wonder if the lights 40 years from now will really make us laugh at out Fenix P3D's and Surefire M6's...:thinking:

I think that we will laugh at our current lights and batteries 40 years from now. I think that filaments will seem especially funny.

INFI

Newly Enlightened
I think that we will laugh at our current lights and batteries 40 years from now. I think that filaments will seem especially funny.

I think you hit it on the head. I bet almost all lights will be LED's in ten years, after that I can't even guess.

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess life really was good in the 50's. I wonder if the lights 40 years from now will really make us laugh at out Fenix P3D's and Surefire M6's...:thinking:
In forty years I suspect we will have nearly ideal LEDs capable of almost complete conversion of energy into visible light. 300 lumens/watt with ver little waste heat and fairly high CRI should be doable. Keychain lights spitting out 100 lumens of perfect neutral white light could be a distinct possibility, and I suspect P3D lights with performance similar to vehicle HID lamps would be technically possible as well.