• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

WTS: MM15vn - Noah

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Vinh, please put me down for a stage 1, both LEDs de-domed. Have you determined if there is a way to modify the number or level of modes? I'm thinking a 500-800 lumen low (mode 3?), ~2,000 lumen medium (mode 5) and normal turbo. If you could even get rid of mode 1 and either mode 3 or 4, that would leave the rest of the modes spaced pretty evenly. I don't need a really low low on this light as I would use a smaller light for sub-200 lumens anyway. Either way, I'm a definite buyer!

Thank you!
Tom

I can't. I can talk to Niwalker but I would need to buy a lot more than 60 lights.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
If only there was a mad-scientist flashlight modder on these forums that could create such a gloriously horrifying monstrosity...

Speak of the devil ^^^^

I know the quad mule is out there, but with the reflectors that would be a nasty eye40 if the driver complications cab be overcome

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Is this still the case?

If you get them next week (assuming they ship tomorrow), what's a realistic time frame of the first lights going out?

Just got an email from Niwalker this morning. Everything is set. Shipping will be Express next week. 60 lights reserved confirmed.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Re: WTS: MM15vn

Every time I see this thread has been replied to, go over to check it out, hoping for the good news that the lights are shipped. We're all very very sick people who need to get into photonaholics anonymous support groups soon.

bring out flashlights to teh group counseling too! :)

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
At first I was just using flashlights with my friends on the weekends. Then it started every day. Then I found I needed flashlights just to feel normal. That when I knew................... I'm a flashaholic! I find myself just trying to find a way to get my next fix. I wake up with the cold sweats because I'm not used to the dark.
I want to be in the dark like normal people. The last time I was in the dark was 1985 before my problem started......... I need help! :p

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Re: WTS: MM15vn

If you haven't send payment for this light yet you may do so now. It would help me conclude most of the accounting before the light gets here. :)

Thank You All!!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
This is a NON-MM15vn related post. But I just want to post here as I am very excited for this light arrival. Also equally excited for the S200C2vn. I got more ideas I would like to try out in the S200C2vn.

I started loving lights when I was 6 Viet Nam. May dad mounted 2 D batteries on a ruler with 3V halogen bulb at the end. I would have to close the connection with a wire every time I wanted light. I would always crawl under the bed where its extremely dusty to find darkness. Then twist the wires together and WOW ... Fiat Lux!!!

It was the best emotions ever! (At the time until I met my girl)

Then later that year in June of 1993 I came to America as an immigrant. Actually now to think about it I consider our family refugee from communism rather than immigrants. We didn't just moved here for easier access to luxury, we moved here for Freedom. (Bet some of you heard this talk before LOL)

Between 6-12 I was parted from flashlights. There were small flashlight related memories here and there but not much I could recall in details
When I turned 13 I was back in the game. My friend and I went to Chubby&Tubby and bought our first Maglites. I got a 2*AAA and he got a 2*AA. The thing was incredibly bright at around 50 lumen suppose. The build quality was to behold. There was even roll marking on it that states "USA". Slept with that light in my palm for week, and I was 13!

Since 13 years old I have been buying and collecting flashlights as often as I can. Which was not very often as I don't get a lot of allowance from my parents. They didn't let me work until I was 18.

It was not until I turn 22 in 2008 that my passion for lights got serious. Started out with budget lights. Bought everything I like from Dealextreme. The first light was a Romisen RC-G2. God that thing was beautiful and bright. Had a Q4 in it I believe. Then Shinningbeam came out with the modded Q5 version! A little brighter! Then the R2 bin came out! Wow! LOL

Sometime later I got the MTE with a SSC-P7. That was the first true High output light. Took it to shower and left it tail stand with the bathroom lighs off. Do that as often as I could! LOL Half way through the shower the light overheated and went out. Aw man..I was heart broken! I was determined to fix it. And that is how I started tinkering with lights.

Finally was able to afford my first non-buget Fenix TK45. The thing looked like a machine gun and it put out lumens I thought rival the sun! Gotta love it…
Since then my passiom slowly but steadily evolve and I am here modding lights for you guys today :)

Cheers!

Last edited:

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Love the back story!
Since my light history is short it won't take long.
After building lasers for some time, our hobbies tend to run together along the lines of hosts, drivers etc, and I was always fascinated by how people were so interested in a simple flashlight, so I decided to build my own. A convoy m1 mtg2 at 4.4a. Thus thing was intense! After that a friend from Lpf told me about vinh and this place, so I checked it out. Turns out these lights aren't so simple at all! Since then, I've been still building lasers, but flashlights are my mistress. I'm totally hooked on the latest and greatest light, and love the community here.

Thanks so much to everyone that's helped me along the way. And thanks to Vinh for everything! I really consider you all my friends, and enjoy every minute here.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Love the back story!
Since my light history is short it won't take long.
After building lasers for some time, our hobbies tend to run together along the lines of hosts, drivers etc, and I was always fascinated by how people were so interested in a simple flashlight, so I decided to build my own. A convoy m1 mtg2 at 4.4a. Thus thing was intense! After that a friend from Lpf told me about vinh and this place, so I checked it out. Turns out these lights aren't so simple at all! Since then, I've been still building lasers, but flashlights are my mistress. I'm totally hooked on the latest and greatest light, and love the community here.

Thanks so much to everyone that's helped me along the way. And thanks to Vinh for everything! I really consider you all my friends, and enjoy every minute here.

I want a really strong laser. Think you can help? [email protected]