• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

WTS: P60 Drop in Light Engine

easilyled

Flashaholic
Re: vinhnguyen54 D26 P60 Dropn Ins All Copper Bonded PCBs even XP-G2s, MT-G2 ;-)

My P60 XP-G2 FF/Med/High (2A) with last mode memory, 5000K drop-in arrived today after a little bit of an anxious wait.

:party:

Jeepers the throw on this is amazing, especially for a 27mm reflector.
I've put it in a TNC all-copper host with a heavily finned head.
Do you think it will require a foil wrap around too?

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: vinhnguyen54 D26 P60 Dropn Ins All Copper Bonded PCBs even XP-G2s, MT-G2 ;-)

At 2A draw, I'm guessing it doesn't generate a ton of heat. If it's a fairly snug fit, you are probably fine - especially in an all-copper host.

Having said that, there's certainly no harm to the foil wrap, and I do that with all of my drop-ins. We'll see what Vinh has to say.

jaycyu

Enlightened

Go XPE red then drive it 5mA for Ultra Runtime.
Vinh, you have drivers that do firefly like 5mA?
If not, do you know where to get them?

Sorry for all these questions, but I feel another purchase is coming up.

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic

At 2A draw, I'm guessing it doesn't generate a ton of heat. If it's a fairly snug fit, you are probably fine - especially in an all-copper host.

Having said that, there's certainly no harm to the foil wrap, and I do that with all of my drop-ins. We'll see what Vinh has to say.

I was thinking the same Dave, although 2A is definitely overdriving the XP-G2 itself as its specced for a max of 1.5A, I think. I like this drop-in so much that I'm going to order another one. It throws as much as my Thud does on high.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

My P60 XP-G2 FF/Med/High (2A) with last mode memory, 5000K drop-in arrived today after a little bit of an anxious wait.

:party:

Jeepers the throw on this is amazing, especially for a 27mm reflector.

3A is more amazing than 2A LOL :nana:

Please wrap everything I sell. This is a must for all P60 where possible. No exceptions. It doesn't matter if your host is made of diamond and the heat never gets from the drop in to the body.

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic

3A is more amazing than 2A LOL :nana:

3A is seriously overdriving the XP-G2 which I didn't want to do in a P60 drop-in even though I'm sure you take very good precautions with regard to heat-sinking and providing a thermal path as best as possible.

2A is more than impressive as it is.

Would you use foil or do you think this is unnecessary in a very thick and well-finned copper host. The lip of the relector is a snug fit on the neck of the host's body.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

4A is seriously over driving it. 3A is just right in vinnghuyen54 book. Matter of fact nothing is over driven in my book until there is a tint shift LOL LOL

At 2A You get 600 Lumen
At 3A the XPG2 makes 800 Lumen
At 4 A you get 925 Lumen

Again, no exceptions with foil wrapping. Wrap where ever you can.

3A is seriously overdriving the XP-G2 which I didn't want to do in a P60 drop-in even though I'm sure you take very good precautions with regard to heat-sinking and providing a thermal path as best as possible.

2A is more than impressive as it is.

Would you use foil or do you think this is unnecessary in a very thick and well-finned copper host. The lip of the relector is a snug fit on the neck of the host's body.

Last edited by a moderator:

easilyled

Flashaholic

:paypal: for 2nd Dedomed P60 XP-G2 Firefly, Med/ high (2A) with last-mode memory, 6500K

mtesni

Newly Enlightened

I am new to the Drop-In game and would like a bit of advice on what to get. I am a Firefighter/EMT looking for a setup for duty use. I have a L2P to put it in and some EagleTac 3400mAh to run it.

How does this look?

XP-G2 5000K
3040mA / 2.7-6V
Low(Not LowLow), Medium, High - No Memory
Smooth Reflector
+ Thermal Adhesive

If all looks the total would be $43 correct?

Thanks in advance!!

ryankan1

Newly Enlightened

$45 XM-L2 Neutral 5000K
$5 4940ma
H-M-L memory
BB Reflector

$7 McClicky
$5 shipping

:paypal:
pixel.gif
pixel.gif
pixel.gif
Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID 7BD86387DG4471012)

p/s- I'm running this on a Solarforce P1D and a Surefire 6P. Nothing will burn or anything like that right? If yes, please adjust down accordingly ;)

I'm not afraid of light getting hot. Just don't want smoke and explosion :p

pps- (taken from the post at the bottom :p

please make sure it seats fully in a Surefire 6P head. I want the Z44 bezel to be able to screw down all the way!

edit: solder fill, too, of course

Last edited:

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast

vinh, I heard you have an XP-E2 specific reflector now, is that true?

if so, how much for that with copper PCB (and the included solder fill)?

I'd want single mode, maybe 2.8A?

someone in another post turned me on to the idea of that module from you running in a FM 18500 body and I like the sound of it!

sent PayPal. I'm going with:

- cool white XP-E2 6500K
- de-domed
- 2.8 Amps
- copper PCB
- SMO XP-E2 reflector
- single mode
please make sure it seats fully in a Surefire 6P head. I want the Z44 bezel to be able to screw down all the way!

thanks a lot buddy! let me know if there are any problems!

edit: solder fill, too, of course :)

scottyhazzard

Enlightened

So how hot does an XPG-2 get running at 3amps? I'm torn between getting that or an XM-L at the same level to sit in my copper host to have some decent runs on high without burning out...

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I am not sure on this. But If I was a fire fighter I would picker XML2 instead of XPG2 as XML2 covers a larger area better. If you like a beam that shoot as far as possible. XPG2 or XPE2 dedome would be the right choice.

I am new to the Drop-In game and would like a bit of advice on what to get. I am a Firefighter/EMT looking for a setup for duty use. I have a L2P to put it in and some EagleTac 3400mAh to run it.

How does this look?

XP-G2 5000K
3040mA / 2.7-6V
Low(Not LowLow), Medium, High - No Memory
Smooth Reflector
+ Thermal Adhesive

If all looks the total would be $43 correct?

Thanks in advance!!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I dont have a 6P so I wouldn't know how to make sure it seat all the way at the bottom. I can cut down a pill extra short but then you are stacking too many chips. Matter of fact stacking no chips would probably be good is space is tight.

$45 XM-L2 Neutral 5000K
$5 4940ma
H-M-L memory
BB Reflector

$7 McClicky
$5 shipping

:paypal:
pixel.gif
pixel.gif
pixel.gif
Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID 7BD86387DG4471012)

p/s- I'm running this on a Solarforce P1D and a Surefire 6P. Nothing will burn or anything like that right? If yes, please adjust down accordingly ;)

I'm not afraid of light getting hot. Just don't want smoke and explosion :p

pps- (taken from the post at the bottom :p

edit: solder fill, too, of course

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

So how hot does an XPG-2 get running at 3amps? I'm torn between getting that or an XM-L at the same level to sit in my copper host to have some decent runs on high without burning out...

3A is hot for everything but more heat with XPG2 than XML I think.

It all depends on weather you like flood or throw.

ryankan1

Newly Enlightened

I dont have a 6P so I wouldn't know how to make sure it seat all the way at the bottom. I can cut down a pill extra short but then you are stacking too many chips. Matter of fact stacking no chips would probably be good is space is tight.

Alright. Do what's normal then. Ignore the seat fully line! :D

Sparky's Magic

Enlightened

Alright. Do what's normal then. Ignore the seat fully line! :D

The 6P will vary in size and seem to have consistently got bigger over the years. I have a couple of old bodies that have a small gap, so I attached an S/F lanyard ring to the bezels and that solved the gap problem. Looks cool too!

Cheers.

Latest posts