• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

WTS: S200C2vn - Baby Throw King 122K Lux - 690 OTF Lumen

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Didn't look at this thread for several days and there is already heat!

Anyhow to get back on topic. I have been using both The S200C2vn in both XPG2 and XML2 and god....The more I play with them the more confused I am. At most times I am sure I like the XML2 version more and when I thought I madd up my mind I decided that the XPg2 version is truly a special light. How can something this small with a reflector throw 100K Lux!? :)

The SL Ultra Thrower might be the new single 18650 throw king when its released but the S200C2vn is still king in terms of size.

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Sony VTC5 works best in this light. I ve tried a few other imr and protected Panasonic and most can't even light it up.
Quite a fussy light to fuel but running on VTC5 this is amazing compact single cell thrower. I got all 3 levels nicely spaced on my xpg2 version.

Patt

Enlightened
I had little doubt your light was on high; I was just teasing you in the hopes that you would turn the head just a little bit harder to discover how easy it is to change modes. I'm glad you are now enjoying all three modes!

Thanx Jdubs...indeed..it's easy now
:grin2:...(there's a big difference in brightness between 1 & 2 but not from 2 to highest which is 3) :)

Patt

Enlightened
So your high mode is somewhere in between medium and low?

On my light, full tight is high mode, slightly loosening it from there gets you medium, and it continues to stay on medium as you continue loosening for a while (for roughly 30 degrees) and then it goes into low.

Yeah wright Jdubs..my S200C2vn acts exactly the same way...
;)

The Sony VTC5 works best in this light. I ve tried a few other imr and protected Panasonic and most can't even light it up.
Quite a fussy light to fuel but running on VTC5 this is amazing compact single cell thrower. I got all 3 levels nicely spaced on my xpg2 version.

Did you try unprotected Panasonic PF's? 2900mAh?

gerolykos17

Newly Enlightened
Alex..:wave: will U (maybe) tell us why U like the S200C2vn more than the TK61vn please? Does the TK61vn don't have double the throw over the S200C2vn?

Patt

i guess.. because it's half the throw with 1/4 of batts..:thumbsup:

So I decided to go out and do my best at getting some beam shots of this light. It's a crap camera and was a full moon last night, so a bit of ambient light.
Thus far I am fairly unenthused by this light, I haven't however run it on high drains yet, only NCRB's.
And disappointingly I am getting fog on the inside of the reflector, which I am guessing would be killing ALOT of it's throw. The K40vn I got from Vinh doesn't do this...
Here are some comparisons between a SC600 CW and the S200C2...first shots being the SC600...

dlhTgLF.jpg

W5kjJLO.jpg

HcTTzA5.jpg

X3KWNzP.jpg

jWcbisJ.jpg

opwmUvB.jpg

K7mj6Mh.jpg

HlBNFeN.jpg

eAtUFZ0.jpg

CONTROL

DzIntCT.jpg

S64vp6D.jpg

OdZOFKU.jpg

Fog in reflector :(

96CCbEf.jpg

0bKLivF.jpg

I am considering asking Vinh if I could swap it for the smaller TX25C2 V2, but would much prefer to give it another try with a high drain.

Is anyone else getting fog on the inside of the reflector? I've heard of this happening to TK75's, but as this is a dedicated thrower with a small emitter, the fog must be adversly affecting the throw and output.

Last edited:

panag

Enlightened
i test it yesterday very impressive!!!! it is the same with level 4 from tn31mb and level midium from tk61vn:twothumbs i will post some fotos at 300 yards soon

Last edited:

rdrfronty

Enlightened
Yes, the missing MM15vn's in the mail is very frustrating. But the S200C2vn was indeed shipped to me earlier by Vinh, and that review is almost done. Just finishing some of the last analyses, and waiting for a clear night to do beamshots.

Some good news to report - I've done more extensive testing on a variety of battery types, and get even better output/throw performance on high-drain 18650 cells. Full details will be given in the upcoming review, but you can expect to see up to ~10% higher ANSI FL-1 numbers than what I originally reported (quoted below, which was based on my standard AW protected 2200mAh). Stay tuned ... the review should be up sometime this weekend. :wave:
Ah. That helps bring our numbers closer then. I had recorded 728 lumens after 30 seconds and 137Kcd. I was using high drain cells though. So looks like we will line up nicely now with your newest numbers you will be releasing soon. Irregardless I know we have the usual led and manufacture variances that can make a difference.
Even though I do testing on my own, I do it usually for the fun of it and for personal reference.
However, I always enjoy reading your reviews. You always give great in-depth info and lots of data in tons of cool new lights. And lots of nice photos.
So keep up the great work Selfbuilt!!

gerolykos17

Newly Enlightened
Didn't look at this thread for several days and there is already heat!

Anyhow to get back on topic. I have been using both The S200C2vn in both XPG2 and XML2 and god....The more I play with them the more confused I am. At most times I am sure I like the XML2 version more and when I thought I madd up my mind I decided that the XPg2 version is truly a special light. How can something this small with a reflector throw 100K Lux!? :)

The SL Ultra Thrower might be the new single 18650 throw king when its released but the S200C2vn is still king in terms of size.

don't know, how can something this small with a reflector throw 100+KLux. but i know you have made it..!!:rolleyes::thumbsup:
the sl ultra thrower, you mention that probably will be the new single 18650 throw king.. do you include XSvn in this comparison??!!:eek:oo: