Yay!!!!!! It has finally arrived!!!!

yclo

Flashaholic*
There are a couple things I noticed about the Arc AAA and the Arc LE:

The Arc AAA's head doesn't screw in as far as the LE, is this the case for all Arc's?

One thing I realised is that the o-ring is positioned higher on the LE than the others.

It also appears to me that the reflector of the LE doesn't seem to be as shinny as the normal Arc's?

YC

- for more photos click here.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Yclo!

The answer to your question... The AAA and LE are going to be different from each other in many ways. The LE reflector is less shiny because a different alloy is used. This alloy has a higher tensil strength.

You might want to check the code/server for your pictures, none of them came through.

Peter Gransee

yclo

Flashaholic*
Thanks Peter, it's not dark yet and I'm already lovin' the Arc!!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gransee:
You might want to check the code/server for your pictures, none of them came through.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damnit, I hate it when that happens, I'll change the images to links then.

mc

Newly Enlightened
All pictures looking good now.

I expect to recieve mine in the next couple of days.

These lights seem to be machined well, I will see soon enough.

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think there was another thread where the poster had requested pictures of the relative brightness of an LE vs. a non LE. Any chance you might be able to put that together?

Thanks,

-john

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think there was another thread where the poster had requested pictures of the relative brightness of an LE vs. a non LE. Any chance you might be able to put that together?

I`ve been meaning to do this too, but to be 100% honest, I think I`ve got a "bad`un". My LE, while it is a nicer colour and my favourite of all the Arc-AAAs here, does not appear any brighter than my Generation 2.1 white. Perhaps I got a really good Gen2.1 though, as the Gen2.0 that lives with my keys is dimmer than it. I never did get an answer as to why- Peter, did the regulator get improved between the 2.0 run and the 2.1 run? I never recieved a Gen2.2 so I don`t know if it`s just a one-off or not.

...anyhow, after dark, it`s "fun with camera and light meter" time, the results you will see here.

wink.gif

Luca

Newly Enlightened
Yclo,

The problem with the O-ring worried me too and I sent the LE's back to Peter. The problem was already mentioned somewhere in the AAA thread. It should be solved in the third generation...which I expect to arrive in a few days
tongue.gif

Do you happen to have a turquoise AAA among them? I'd love to see a pic of the colour and beam, just to compare it to the one I got. Mine looks rather greenish, diffuse narrow beam and is not as spectacularly bright as it's said to be. It has three to four diffuse rings. If I can get my hands on a dig cam I'll post some pics.

As for the brightness difference between LE and plain white: I didn't find that much of a difference either. The slightly different coulour is the main reason one appears to be a tad brighter than the other, I believe.

Thanks

Luca

yclo

Flashaholic*
Also just noticed that the words (L.E.D. "AAA"-Arc Flashlight, LLC) on the AAA is thinner and more defined than the LE.

YC

Frank

Newly Enlightened
I got my Arc light in yesterday's mail. Nice fit and finish. I put it on my keyring but haven't got a chance to try it out yet.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got my second Arc LE. It has all the aforementioned differences, plus it is a different color.

The latest arc LE is Dark Grey, while the first generation LE was a lighter, bronze-ier, grey color. Also the newer LE came with no grease whatsoever on the O-ring and threads. Even thought the 2nd gen LE has a straiter LED I prefer the first better.
Compared to the regular arc in my collection,
they are all the same brightness. The LE's have a more pleasent tint however.