You Croc people know who you are. ;-) ...

bitslammer

Enlightened
Synthetic clogs have been around in hospitals for a long time for good reason. In many cases you have 1 set of footwear for the sterile OR rooms and those stay there. The reason is to not transport anything in or out of the OR. Given the non porous synthetic nature of these they can be easily sanitized if needed and the clog design means hands free when taking them off or putting them on.

They have really gained popularity but in many applications such as gardening and the like they are hgihly effective in their function.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of the top players in my table tennis club wears these. Last week, as he was walking by us, we said to him, "Croc man!" He turned and blushed. He embarrasedly admitted that he hates the way they look and actually feels a little silly walking in them, but that he had been experiencing pressure and pain in his heel and a friend of his had recommended these to help. He said they worked! No more pain! He repeated several times that he hated the way they looked, as if wanting to assure us that he was a normal guy just like us, but that they had really helped him and that was why he was wearing them.

I've got bad ankles, especially the left one, and heaven forbid I should ever try a pair of these on just for the heck of it. I fear, I might actually want to wear them! Noooooo!

DM51

Flashaholic
I have a pair of "Cross-Country" Crocs, in dysentery-green with flame-orange straps. My 16-yr-old son thinks they are unbelievably cool. My wife and daughters, however, are of an implacably different opinion, lol.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Crocs ?? What's "Crocs" ??

Do you by chance mean those flashlight holders ??

cimg0208li1.jpg

:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

DM51

Flashaholic
LOL Kv, excellent! But you are missing a "toe" on your right foot!!

Edit - I was wrong, I've just spotted it - it's there. All 10 toes present and correct, lol

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Crocs are a cool design because they cover up your toes yet allow plenty of air circulation, plus the design, called "lifts" or "lifters" or "slides" -- so you can step right out or into them..

These Hushpuppies (great old American company right? -- these are Made In China) offer the same advantages but in a wide open weave leather that covers your toes, they come with an easily removable heel strap; so they turn into 'lifts'

mine are very comfortable, and were available in a 3E width which fits me perfectly. one odd thing about them; the footbed sucks against the bottom of your foot ocassionally making a strange sound, but it's tolerable:

3034-204383-d.jpg

Full grain, hand-antiqued leather upper.
Removable back strap converts to a slide.
Leather or neoprene linings.
Contoured polyurethane footbed with wrapped leather covering provides exceptional underfoot comfort.
Airport friendly. $78.95

ks_physicist

Newly Enlightened
I don't really care what people think of my footwear. I wear crocs, especially at home and during the summer.

They're comfortable, cheap, and wear well. Good combination.

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
oh that reminds me I left out the main reason for suggesting the Hushpuppies; I assumed they would wear much longer than the plastic Crocs,
especially if you wear them more than just around the house..you have to not mind the leather though..

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to admit I wear a pair in the OR and I have a pair for yard work. Hey what can I say, they are comfortable and easliy washed. :shrug:

nightgaunt

Newly Enlightened
Man, you should see them here...I live 15 min. away from Boulder. They are shipped/made/distributed in Niwot, which is even closer.

Dear God, they are a plague out here...

Last edited:

Darell

Flashaholic
Crocks are way too dress-up and confining for me! The people around here would think I've gone all high-style on them, and would shun me. Flipflops are way more my style. And now that they come with built-in beer openers... well, there's just no reason to change.

My daughter certainly loves her Crocks though. Last year she ran over 50 miles in them!