You heard about CPF from...

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brock would probably win the vote for member numbers less then one thousand and then Craig is most likely going to win for all newer members. Geez Darell, I guess this means you're an old timer now.

Now out of curiosity, I'm going to start another thread.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Being the tightwad I am, I was crusing a mega-search engine for a cheapo Surefire. After 75 or 80 hits, I also came on Craig's site. I saw the CPF link, went to it, thought "These folks are nuts", and joined up.

FNG

Enlightened
My brother came home with a Streamlight Stylus and liked it a lot. I searched for LED lights and came across CPF. Ive bought about 7 lights so far.

DavidH

Newly Enlightened
My number is less than 1K and, yes, I did find out about CPF from Brock's page. I've been a member for a year and a lurker for about 6 months before that. I was trying to get member #666 so I could use the name Flash Devil, but I was out of town for a few days and missed it.

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess I`m in the minority then? An early member who didn`t find this place via Brock`s site.

I got here from the LED Museum, back in the days when it was called "For the Love of LEDs" - infact the entry for it in my favorites menu still says For the Love of LEDs and points to ledmuseum.home.att.net not ledmuseum.org
tongue.gif

Anyways, I first found CPF in late 2000 when it was relatively small. I was intrigued as I had always had a fondness for flashlights and a general love of everything electrical that glowed- but moved on as I was still deeply captivated by my newfound discovery of the world of collecting early light bulbs- started when I gained internet access for the first time.

But in the new year, early 2001 I came back for a second look following my re-visiting of the Punishment Zone, where I spent all one evening reading everything there (that was how long ago it was- when someone could actually read every review in one evening
grin.gif
). I "favorites-sed" CPF and spent ages lurking and reading loads of old posts for a couple weeks, before signing up on January 17th 2001.

I`ve been here ever since, despite recent efforts to keep me out by the guys running the servers and routers. But you can`t keep a Torch Addict away form CPF for long. As it says on the plaque mr Burns fixed to the wall behind Homer`s workstation, after he begged for his job back:

"Don`t forget, you`re here for Life"
shocked.gif
tongue.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
Wish I had a flashaholic in my school...oh wait, I do, they just don't know it yet
wink.gif

J/K My friend who is often over has taken a liking to my lights, I'm going to get him an Arc for his upcoming birthday I think, or a Photon at least....

Latest posts