Your Most Used Flashlight

What flashlight do you use most often?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
In terms of number of uses per week its a SSC modded HDS EDC.

In terms of total hours of use its the caving light, Stenlight S7. One trip will get 8hr+ of use. It would take a lot of midnight bathroom trips to add up to 8hrs.

Reaper

Enlightened
Minimag with an old Q3L however that may change since I've picked up a Lumamax L1

Child of Rawls

Newly Enlightened
My Arc AAA-P, again because it is always with me. Then probably my Surefire 6P, my walking light of choice.

nuggett

Enlightened
SSC modded Surefire L4. Excellent runtime, very reliable, bright and COOL!
It looks very beaten, being used everyday. Like an old pair of blue jeans.

dulridge

Enlightened
It's summer. Doesn't get very dark here so if I need added light it tends to be what's nearest. Currently that's a TriBlaster 4C. A bit bright for close up stuff but it's nearest. Over all time the most used would probably be a Photon clone since i have them on all keyrings.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
i CARRY my 1 AA coast mod allways, but the one that gets "USED" is actually a wild mag mod, 3luxIIIs and a green laser, and a ring of UV, running an endless supply D-Li-ion.

because i walk my doggie with it every night for hours, and he runs after the laser.
but i would never "EDC" it, its a shorter D cell mag

if i go hiking and stuff, a headlamp gets used most, because of the hands free aspect.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
My Surefire models.....

Two G2s, a C2, an E2d, and an L4.

Sometimes carry the E2d when out & about on weekends. But typically, the L4 gets used and carried over all my other Surefires, and all the other lights in my collection.

Theatre Booth Guy

Enlightened
I love my HDS but the body is a bit wide for comfortable pocket carry. Typically, I've got a Peak LED Solutions AAA Baltic or AA Pacific in my pocket and one of their aluminum AAA Baltics on my keychain.

My answer may change when Henry shows us his new HDS :twothumbs

22hornet

Enlightened
As a small light in pant's pocket:
- ARC AAA (in one or another led color)
- Fenix E1

As a "pocket-light" in vest or coat:
- Peak Mediterranean
- Inova Bolt 2AAA
- Fenix L2T V2.0

When in a "posh mood":
- ARC AA in the tuxedo :twothumbs

Kind regards,
Joris

Last edited:

alanagnostic

Enlightened
Not even close. For me it's the HDS EDC all the way. I probably use my two EDC's more than all my other lights combined. They're just so darned versatile and tough. Can't wait for one of Henry's new creations...hopefully for Christmas.:santa:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
That would be the Fenix E0, since it's usually in my pocket. Around the house at night it takes a rest and one of the many others gets a turn.

Geoff

LED61

Flashlight Enthusiast
My HDS U60 gets the most use every single day, surprisingly in daytime hours !!! I use it to inspect and quality control in construction where lighting is not yet available.

StainlessSteel

Enlightened
Some might laugh but...

My MOST used light, minutes per day:

Inoxa X5 RED led.

I have a light collection into the thousands of dollars.... and THAT light gets used the most.

I don't even use the lights in my home at night... I do everything with that light.

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have some nice handy edc sized LEDs, and like most people I really need different levels of light. One size does not fit all.
I work nights. My new all purpose light is a Mag 2C-cell. That has been modified. It has the AW driver with three brightness modes, last use memory and a strobe. Surprisingly that works with an Incan! AW accomplished what many said would not work, just a side note. I put an AW spacer in the body which gave me room for a charging jack. Two AW lithium C cells power frosted 5761 in a Fivemega cammed (cam doesn't work in this mod) Smooth reflector. I like FM's deep parabolas for long throw. It easily stays charged on the jack, I have the cells remain surprisingly balance in charge level. It can blast the darkness at close to 900 torch-lumens but I use it mostly in the middle brightness mode and it runs cool and long that way too. It really is the variable mode that put this light in the front seat. The sum of the parts comes close to $200. Best light I ever had and definately not the most expensive.

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
No matter how many times it comes up over the years, this is always a cool topic.

99% of all practical useage for me, is covered by... a Photon Freedom (pre 2X even!) when out and about, and for in and outside the house, a tricked-out, EDC size custom, created from parts made by numerous respected long time CPF'ers (I'm proud to say).

Last edited:

rmacias

Enlightened
I think it's interesting that there are so many Fenix users. I guess they are on the right track for flashlight needs.

RJM

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello RJM,

Your poll does not allow for multiple selections...

My most used lights are manufacturered by

Peak LED Solutions
Mr Bulk
McGizzmo
TigerLight and
SureFire.

Tom

Last edited:

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know everyone owns several different types of flashlights some basic and some high-end but what do you actually use most often?

Most used in terms of number of on/off cycles:
-Streamlight 2AA Tasklight used many times per day around the house. Great beam and very economical to run. Its 20 lumen high is bright enough for most tasks around the house, and its 4 lumen low is good for late night use.

Most used in terms of hours of runtime:
-Underwater Kinetics 4AA eLED Zoom used every evening for walking up to the corner store and around the neighborhood. Also used for hikes and camping. My favorite outdoors flashlight.