Zebralight headlamp with fully programmable output levels? Would you buy one?

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have to have fully programmable.

But you know how they have a H1 and H2, and M1 and M2? I wish that there was an OFF1 and and OFF2.

I'm not making a joke. What I means is this:

With most of my ZL's, I like to keep it on the absolutely lowest L2, the 0.01 lumen or thereabouts, and then set it on my night-stand when I am traveling. That way, no matter where I wake up, I can find the light. Not so bright that it keeps me awake, but instantly visible if I do wake up.

But then I'd like to be able to switch it to a slightly higher L2 for walking around in the dark. And I can't do that without reprogramming L2. And L1 is just too bright--1 lumen is *way* too much for dark-adapted eyes.

So what I'd like is if they gave you the option of having OFF1 as the regular total off, nothing but parasitic drain.
And then OFF2 would be the merest flicker, like a 0.01 lumen setting.

That would free up the L2 slot to be a more usable low, like the 0.34 lumen setting. Good for navigating a dark room, not so bright that you lose night vision.

It would be like having a battery-powered trit-tube in it all the time. And of course if I don't want it on, then I can always switch to OFF1, or just back off the tail cap a little to lock it out.

Make it so!
I feel similar, but I would rather have a L1, L2, and L3 (maybe even all 4 low modes).

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Knowing me if I had the option to fully program, I'd keep all the low levels and the lowest medium levels and be done with it BOOM! I rarely ever use the highest medium setting or even the lowest high setting. If I could fill all those slots with the lower levels I'd be set literally.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd be happy to make a one time purchase that would allow me to program any of a brand of light.
For Zebralight it could be an insert that made contact with an additional conductive point near the positive terminal.
The insert could have a dial and a click switch, and/or a usb port.
Make it mostly out of plastic, sell like hotcakes.

Collins

Newly Enlightened
I'd like this. For example if all I use are the H levels. I could select a High, Mid, Low all from the H levels.

Or something like I can program 4 settings that are my main settings from wherever instead of having to go into the sub levels, etc.

For example on H602. I may want my main settings to be:

H = 1020Lm
M = 620Lm
L = 330Lm
L2 = 150Lm

And you can easily click through all of that without having to deal with sub-levels, or reprogramming or anything. I think most people probably have at least 3-4 main levels they use. Would be nice if you could program them in from any of the settings available.

Last edited: