Zebralight plans MKIII's and SC63 release for this year

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yea I never liked the olive much. Fortunately they've been getting more consistent with the darker grayish color.

I'm the opposite. I like the more olive drab coloured ones more. Green is kind of their trademark(its in their logo) and it matches their headbands. I think grey is the accident and they are shooting for olive drab. Although even the more grey ones seam to still have a bit of green in them.

Last edited:

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't claim to prefer either the older OD tints or the more grayish stuff they're doing lately, I'm just glad they're not black. I love Zebralights for lots of reasons, and one of those is definitely the finish. There's enough black lights on the market. I hope Zebralight never becomes one of them.

I guess my favorite is when things like this happen. This is my SC600w mk2. Its got a very uneven finish on one side that actually makes this Zebralight look like a Zebra (sorta :) ). It goes all the way down the light but its easiest to see in the flat spots. Some folks would probably complain and call this a defect, and maybe it is, but I love it!

m7JO9uw.jpg

kj2

Flashaholic
Mine has a very uneven finish as well. Even the 'cut-outs' in the knurling aren't the same. I don't mind. At night I see the light coming out, not the flashlight :p

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the looks of the finish on that emarkd, sort of a carbon fiber appearance which is really cool! My SC62w has the darker grey finish but my MK3 HI and 63w are more of a light or medium grey in appearance.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hesitated posting to this thread until I actually had a MkIII in hand. I think the SC600 MkIII is a great little light. Some nice incremental improvements over the MkI and MkII.

I think the tint with the new LEDs is much nicer than any previous ZL lights.
The button feels better and easier to activate from most angles.
The HA is pretty nice on mine - they don't use dye in the HA so there is bound to be variation in finishes due too subtle differences in metals between batches.
The size, length weight to power ratio is just insane on the MkIII.
The PID is spot on and works great.

The only complaint I have is the clip. I wish they would use a screw on clip on the SC600 lights like some of the other models.

fnsooner

Enlightened
I am still very happy with my 63w and the HI variant of the SC600.

I let a guy at work carry my SC62w, that I have carried for a couple of years, to let him see if a more expensive light would be worth his while. When I asked him to give it back to me, he wanted to buy it. I told him that I wasn't' interested in selling it and that he should just wait until it or the 63 were back in stock. He then offered me seventy five dollars for it and I sold it to him.

That 5A tint Noctigon Meteor has been calling my name, so I cobbled together some more money to add to the 75 that he gave me and ordered the Meteor. I know, I know.

Somebody stop me.

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only complaint I have is the clip. I wish they would use a screw on clip on the SC600 lights like some of the other models.
I used the clip from a Nitecore MH20 (I gave the light away and kept the clip) on my ZebraLight SC600 Mk3 which I have clipped to a side pant pocket. The Nitecore clip prevents the light from falling out; the ZebraLight lacked this ability.

sdr

Newly Enlightened
This might have already been posted somewhere? But, if it hasn't, Zebralight has both cool white and neutral SC62's In Stock on their website right now. The new SC63 in cool white and neutral are both still on Back Order.

Link: http://www.zebralight.com/

fnsooner

Enlightened
***Thanks for the heads up. I think this is the first time that they have had the SC62 in stock since they discontinued it and then sold them out. I wonder how long they will offer the 62. If they keep it available past tax day, I will probably pick another up. One of the greatest lights ever.

Shoot, I am thinking about buying another and then trading the guy at work to get my old one back.:shakehead:thinking:

mrg23

Newly Enlightened
Sc600 mklll HI shows as in stock at zebralight website. That means mine should ship in the next day ot two. Ordered on 2/18. I hope my sc63w is close behind.

Last edited:

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've tried to keep up so I apologize if this is already covered elsewhere, but what's the latest word on issues with the HI lights? Inductor whine? Battery rattle?

mrg23

Newly Enlightened
From what I have read recently both issues have been corrected in the most recent lights.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've tried to keep up so I apologize if this is already covered elsewhere, but what's the latest word on issues with the HI lights? Inductor whine? Battery rattle?

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...Light-SC63-and-variants-like-the-SC63w/page29

Post #869

I dont know if this applies to the HI as well or not but, the tolerance is extremely tight for cell compatibility on the MKIII lights and your cell must be within 0.2 of a mm. Plus, manufacturing tolerances could effect the fit from run to run.

Last edited:

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast

Issues have been fixed the only lights with any widespread issues were the initial MK3 preorders. Some dealers still have stock from this batch so if it were me I would order from ZL directly since they always have the newest ones in stock. No issues with recent batches from what I've seen. Battery fit is fine.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Still contemplating the HI version...can't decide.
I would consider HI if throw is significantly better than the cool white mkIII. I'm really biding my time hoping the HI CRI version really comes out this summer. The thing is if it does it will sell out so probably can't hope to get one before Halloween.

Latest posts