Zebralight SC600w Mk III HI - Pocket Thrower

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vinh put a XHP35 HI in the SC600 before the HI was available and said it had a bit more throw but, noticeably less lumens. He also said it was not a worthy upgrade. So, other then a subjectively better tint(with possible less tint shift) and a bit more throw(slightly tighter hotspot) at the expense of lumen output, it is not a big upgrade from the regular SC600w.

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vinh put a XHP35 HI in the SC600 before the HI was available and said it had a bit more throw but, noticeably less lumens. He also said it was not a worthy upgrade. So, other then a subjectively better tint(with possible less tint shift) and a bit more throw(slightly tighter hotspot) at the expense of lumen output, it is not a big upgrade from the regular SC600w.
A good point and according to ZebraLight's own specification the SC600 Mklll Hi has a lower output.

There is none the less room for this light if it fills some peoples needs.

david57strat

Enlightened
Has anyone here, who already owns the SC600w Mk III, also purchased the newer SC600w Mk III Hi version? I now have the SC600w Mk III, but haven't yet seen or read much about the new Mk III Hi version, nor am I sure there would be a huge benefit in actually buying one, if I already have the original Mk III version. I'm thinking the only benefit might be somewhat better range; but in a light with such a small, shallow reflector, I'm wondering if the benefit would be appreciable.

Any thoughts?

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess if I were considering the HI model, I'd be concerned whether it ends up in limbo: not an ideal mini thrower, not an ideal flooder, and not even an ideal all-arounder...

recDNA

Flashaholic
We hear the HI throws about 17k cd. How about the MKIII cool white? I bet it is pretty close.

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
The way I see it is if you already have the MK3 neutral then you probably don't need the HI version. However if you haven't purchased either one and are considering it then I would go with the HI version. Mine has excellent tint and the extra throw is nice. I believe someone that had both models posted how the reflector was modified slightly on the HI version but I can't verify since I do not have the Mk3 to examine. For me the HI works great as an around the house, outdoors light and the sustained output in turbo mode along with the great tint make it a superb light, imo. The only drawback for me is the MK3 series has the pop on clip rather than the screw on and the little raised area near the tailcap prevents me from putting the pocket clip exactly opposite of the switch.

markr6

Flashaholic
Not really on the same level, but a comparison showing the little SC600 can keep up. I also compared to my SC600w II, but it was really blurry and not a good representation. I need to try a longer distance. This is only 50' or so.

T25C2 HI
beam_T25C2.jpg

SC600w III HI
beam_SC600HI.jpg

sdr

Newly Enlightened
Mark,

I think all your comparison did was sell me an Eagletac!

Can't anyone show me some shots comparing the SC600 Mk III to the Mk III HI? Preferably a cool white of the regular Mk III to the HI's neutral. But I'll take a warm to a warm. Anyone?

I have been begging to see that comparison for weeks now and, to date, nothing!

Thanks for the pics, anyway, Mark.

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
Mark,

HAHA! Yes, buy that one too. It's great...but a lot longer, wider and heavier. I didn't know what else to compare it to in my collection. I was just showing the decent throw of the SC600 HI vs. a true thrower with an XP-L HI and much deeper, smooth, reflector. The SC600HI made my SC600w II look like a mule!

I wish I still had my MKIII for comparison, but I sold it and don't plan on ever buying one again.

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got my ZL HI today! I am so far loving it. Nice tint, beam, size, shape and of course the amazing ui. :)

1st time posting pics comparing my SC5 and HI with my crappy cellphone camera(Lenovo P780) and crappy skills.

The cells I use in my lights(Fujitsu NIMH and the Sanyo NCR18650GA)

The AR coating on both is different. The HI purplish and SC5(CW) greenish.

Orange peel seems more aggressive on SC5.

markr6

Flashaholic
Is the beamshot on the left the SC600w HI? Looks almost orange or something.

The camera isn't going to adjust to each beam individually in the same shot...just not possible. It is showing a difference, but I'm sure in person it is not like this. Newbie would have to confirm. My SC5w is whiter than my SC600 HI, but both are nice tints.

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nope, not orange but more yellow(if my eyes tell me accurately). My camera is crappy.

HI left, SureFire G2X Pro(320 lumens model) right.

HI left, Mini Maglite incan right

IKEA floor lamp with 2700k LED bulb(left), HI right. This pic is closest to resembling the HI's tint.

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
Nice variety of shots, thanks! This HI is one of my favorites...a definite keeper even for me.

tops2

Enlightened
@newbie66: Thanks for taking the time to do the beam shots! Just curious what level is the light on in your beamshots? Especially the one comparing with your SC5? I'm most curious about that one since I have a SC5w.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Mark,

Can't anyone show me some shots comparing the SC600 Mk III to the Mk III HI? Preferably a cool white of the regular Mk III to the HI's neutral. But I'll take a warm to a warm. Anyone?

I have been begging to see that comparison for weeks now and, to date, nothing!

Thanks for the pics, anyway, Mark.
LOL. I want a T25C2 now! I already sold mine though. Couldn't find the button fast enough in the dark. No such problem with ZL.

Last edited:

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
@newbie66: Thanks for taking the time to do the beam shots! Just curious what level is the light on in your beamshots? Especially the one comparing with your SC5? I'm most curious about that one since I have a SC5w.

You are welcome. :)
I used M2 10lumens.

markr6

Flashaholic
LOL. I want a T25C2 now! I already sold mine though. Couldn't find the button fast enough in the dark. No such problem with ZL.

The T25C2 HI has a tail switch, so I'm pretty sure you're thinking of the TX25C2?

Latest posts