Zebralight SC600w Mk III HI - Pocket Thrower

markr6

Flashaholic
I think they have been reading our posts lol bevause we were just talking about that(I suggested it would be a good idea). How do you adjust it though?

Not to be confused with programming the modes, though. Is that what you were thinking? Or the PID which steps down the output due to heat? Sorry, I think we were talking about both recently so I'm just checking.

Originally the PID had to be programmed by Zebralight. Now it sounds like the customer can? Not sure.

Turn light on H1. Double-click 28 times, then pause, then turn light off. Turn light back on H1 then click "x" number of times to set the PID max temp (i.e. 60 clicks = 60°C)

Just kidding :)

Last edited:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not to be confused with programming the modes, though. Is that what you were thinking? Or the PID which steps down the output due to heat? Sorry, I think we were talking about both recently so I'm just checking.

Originally the PID had to be programmed by Zebralight. Now it sounds like the customer can? Not sure.

Turn light on H1. Double-click 28 times, then pause, then turn light off. Turn light back on H1 then click "x" number of times to set the PID max temp (i.e. 60 clicks = 60°C)

Just kidding :)

Yeah, I meant to set the temp the PID kicks in so you can control the max temp the light gets to. I sure hope this is what ZL meant. Now we just need to know how to do it. The way you joked about would be fine with me as its not something one would need to do often. I would like to set it so the head of my H600Fd/c MKIII never gets hotter then 45C myself.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is the procedure to adjust the PID from ZL's site...

• PID Thermal Regulation Temperature Programming
    • Turn off the light from H1 and then turn back on to H1
    • Press and hold to cycle from Low to High 6 times
    • On the 7th (or more) cycle, release the switch
      • when High to add 1 degree C (up to 5 max)
      • when Med to revert back to the factory default
      • when Low to subtract 1 degree C (up to 5 max)
[h=3][/h]

markr6

Flashaholic
Here is the procedure to adjust the PID from ZL's site...

• PID Thermal Regulation Temperature Programming
    • Turn off the light from H1 and then turn back on to H1
    • Press and hold to cycle from Low to High 6 times
    • On the 7th (or more) cycle, release the switch
      • when High to add 1 degree C (up to 5 max)
      • when Med to revert back to the factory default
      • when Low to subtract 1 degree C (up to 5 max)

Nice! Thank you! Tried it on my SC63w and adding 1° seemed to kick PID in after 14 seconds, compared to the 10 seconds originally. Well, maybe not. It seems the same now that I tried it again. Maybe I did it wrong. I wish it flashed or something after programming to confirm.

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
I think they have been reading our posts lol because we were just talking about that(I suggested it would be a good idea). How do you adjust it though? I am excited if this is true.

Yes, I'm even more convinced now. So...

HELLO ZEBRALIGHT!! :wave:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got confirmation from ZL. This adjustment is available on all ZL models since late 2012. I am really glad they allowed us access to this. They also said this is one of "many" hidden UI's. I hope they release more for us techies. Thanks Zebralight:thumbsup:

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes!

SC63d
5000K, 90+ CRI
Programmable UI
Programmable PID

Done buying flashlights.

Sign me up for two of those lol. At least it is good ZL seems to be going more of the custom route allowing users to make small changes to things like the PID and limited mode customization. Now just let us have full mode customization and then 90+ CRI emitters in 4K and 5k tint and we will be set! I wonder if they have any other goodies hidden in the UI we don't know about yet...

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got confirmation from ZL. This adjustment is available on all ZL models since late 2012. I am really glad they allowed us access to this. They also said this is one of "many" hidden UI's. I hope they release more for us techies. Thanks Zebralight:thumbsup:

Woah awesome news! I wonder if they read the forums here then because it sounds like they've been listening to us, with a new 93-95cri light this summer coming out and now this PID customization. I wish I knew what others they had hidden :)

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can can see it now... All CPF ZL owners clicking randomly to try to find another hidden mode!

lol, I just emailed them to thank them for access to this and said that us techies would really appreciate any other programming they could offer. The more the better I say. You dont have to use it but, it sure is nice to have access.

sdr

Newly Enlightened
I'm still waiting, hoping to see a throw comparison between the regular Mk III and the Mk III HI. Anyone.....Bueller?