Disassembly of a Pila Gl4 Clicky Tailcap?

iNDiGLo

"the Precious..."
My Pila GL4 clicky tailcap is not sensitive enough when clicking it off/on. It seems that you have to intentionally get your thumbnail directly in the center of the tailcap before it will click off/on. I'd like to disassemble the tailcap and add a shim below the rubber boot so it will operate more smoothly and with less hassle.

Here are two pics of the tailcap. I do not see any markings to indicate being able to unscrew the tailcap assembly. I'm wondering how it was assembled and if anyone has any idea about how to disassemble it.

pila1.jpg

pila2.jpg

:thanks:

greenLED

Flashaholic
Have you tried to pry the button off?
Maybe if you slide it sideways you could reach the innards?
I've only seen one of these once, and it was a long time ago, so don't trust me too much.

iNDiGLo

"the Precious..."
greenLED said:
Have you tried to pry the button off?
Maybe if you slide it sideways you could reach the innards?
I've only seen one of these once, and it was a long time ago, so don't trust me too much.

I was looking down in the cap and it almost looks like the brass ring and the clicky is press fitted down into the cap. I tried to pull the rubber boot to the side to see if you could somehow access from the topside but no luck. I tried taking some needle nose pliers to it to see if somehow i could turn the brass ring but to no avail. Who knows...maybe its locktited in there.

I sure don't want to tear it up trying to get it apart. Its not a matter of life or death but at some point i would like to get it apart.

:sweat:

Pila_Power

Enlightened
Have you contacted the dealer you bought it from (assuming it was a dealer) to see if you can exchange your tail cap?

They are as cheap as anyway, I bet someone around here can help you with a new one?? :)

iNDiGLo

"the Precious..."
Pila Power,

I purchased from JSBurly but i am just now e-mailing Pila to see what they recommend. Depending on that outcome i'll send Jon a message to see if we can work something out.

Thanks