Question about the aleph e screw...

petemalelis

Newly Enlightened
What are the dimensions of the e screw? particularly the diameter becuase i would like to try it in another body tube that i have that is internally treaded. Also does anyone know what kind of run time i would get from a swok lux III with a downboy 1000 and 3 aaa's.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Pete,

If the "e screw" is the portion of the light engine that screws into Aleph heads(?) then it is 13/16-20 thread. (I think, re pitch and am too lazy to go get my thread gage.) The thread measures ~ .805" O.D.

Larry

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast
You won't get much use from the downboy using 3aaa because voltage will sag at that current whether you're using alkalines or nimh. You'll most likely just have direct drive 99% of the time. I'm using a DB1000 with a Pila and I'm not sure it even runs in regulation at all. You may be better off using the wiz2. It will even protect the nimh because it cuts off at 2.7v which won't allow the nimh to over discharge.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i mic'ed mine in at precisely .8021 on the od. larry is correct, the thread is 13/16-20. the same as surefire e-series bodies, arc ls's, mcluxes, and quite a few other common flashlights. so if the body from one of those screws into your body, the escrew should vork.

petemalelis

Newly Enlightened
Will i get a decent regulated runtime with a luxIII twoh and a db750 using 3AAA's. I have a 1watt ryoj bin with a db400 in my light but want some more brightness with a comparable runtime. Also on the e screw can i get one custom machined someplace because my slug in my light measured .86" od and a 24 threadcount. 7/8-24 i believe?