Target has sale on mag-lites

Makarov

Enlightened
If anyone are going to get some of these, could they please buy me a couple as well?

I need a 2D and a AA for modding purposes, but they'll cost me over $65:rant:here in Norway. If you can get them as cheap as $7 for the AA and under $15 for the 2D, even with added shipping it would be a great deal for me.

When I saw that people got 2D's for $8 in november I looked like this for a week: :hairpull::mecry:

greenLED

Flashaholic
Too bad these are not available on-line.
If someone finds a couple (more like a bunch) of copper ones at their local Targets, let me know. There's people in the colored minimag thread who are looking for those and the Targets in my area are all out (and they've told me they can't get any more). Feel free to post on that other thread or PM the people interested directly (there's a list on the first post of that other thread).

Last edited:

Nomad

Enlightened
greenLED said:
Too bad these are not available on-line.
If someone finds a couple (more like a bunch) of copper ones at their local Targets, let me know. There's people in the colored minimag thread who are looking for those and the Targets in my area are all out (and they've told me they can't get any more). Feel free to post on that other thread or PM the people interested directly (there's a list on the first post of that other thread).

I welcome the excuse to shop for lights, even at Target. I can also shop at any other place that will honor competitor's ads...anyone know of such places besides Lowes, Wal-Mart, and Home Depot? I'm in the Southwest: Tucson, AZ.
I'm willing to shop on your behalf Makarov if I can get PayPal up front, I'm kinda broke and it wouldn't be good for me to overdraft my bank account. :) I'm not sure of shipping weight of the empty 2D Mag-Lites and 2AA lights but if the total package is under 4 lbs it can be sent Letter-Post. You might feel more comfortable having one of the longer term members shop for you though, how many/what size mags are you looking for?

greenLED

Flashaholic
Nomad said:
I welcome the excuse to shop for lights, even at Target.
:) Ditto!

You can fit a 3-4 minimags (no packaging, but with padding) inside a large, flat rate ($3.85) Priority Mail envelope. A single minimag goes First Class for $1.52, IIRC, make that $2 by the time you add the envelope, etc.

Sending one 2 or 3-D Mags would be at least $5.75 (Priority Mail - you must make a box for it). If you're sending more than one, it might be cost effective to just use a larger Priority Mail box, which is $7.70.

Nomad, feel free to PM flashgreenie and sunspot; they're the ones looking for copper minimags and I haven't been able to find any for them.

Makarov

Enlightened
Do you know how long they have this sale?

I don't have any cash on my PP right now(typical...) and it'll take me a couple of days to transfer the money, usually 2-4 working days.

I need one 2D and one 2AA, don't need the extra stuff that'll come with the m@g's(holsters, batteries etc) as this will only add weight to the package.

I've checked with the online retaliers, quoting me shipping from $13 to $88(!!!!!) for these so anything below that'll make me happy...

The USPS postage calculator tells me that 23.8 ounces(,the weight of one 2D with batteries (guess that a 2D and 2AA without batteries will weight about the same) will cost $9 for a large global priority mail envelope. The large envelope is 9-1/2" x 12-1/2" and the 2D is 10" so I guess that'll be okay.

I'm going to bed now as it's midnight here in Norway, but I'll check in on this thread tomorrow morning :)

Last edited:

Nomad

Enlightened
The 2D is $14.22 at Target, I'm guesstimating the price at $15.50ish with sales tax. The mini-mags would be around $8. When I was there they had blue, red, silver, and black in both sizes. I doubt a 2D mag will fit in a flat rate envelope but if it will it'll be $9 to ship. Otherwise it's $13.30 for a 2 pound package via letter-post or $6.30 on the slow boat AKA Economy (Surface) Letter Post. I can take credit card on PayPal 'cause I upgraded my account. I'm busy on Friday and Saturday so the last day I could go to Target is Thursday. The sale ends on Saturday.

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, sale is good until Thursday. I still have plenty in stock here at my local target. The ones they sell here are D sized and the minimag sized and the solitaire. I dont think that they carry the C size.

Yooper

Enlightened
Just bought 3 copper colored 2D's at Target for myself - I'm building 3 ROP's, two of them for Christmas gifts. They have one copper left, and about 3 each pewter, blue, and black. PM me or email me at [email protected] if you want me to pick up any of those tomorrow morning.

I stopped by WalMart on the way home and the regular price for a 2D there is $14.55 or so, but all they had was black and blue.

Nomad

Enlightened
Makarov said:
No AIM, but now there's a PM, I promise ;)

Note to self, write the PM first, THEN notify :ohgeez:

Ok I'm going to guesstimate the weight at 2 pounds.
2D Light $15.50
2AA Light $8
Shipping $13.30
Figure $3.20 for PayPal fees and to round up to an even $40, would that sound good to you? They charge extra for processing money sent to "premier" accounts. It's 30 cents plus 2.9 percent of the value of the transaction.

jclarksnakes

Enlightened
:awman:

We must have the very worst Target store in existence here in Savannah GA. Everytime I am there they never have any of the interesting flashlights I see in the posts here on CPF and they did not even have any of the Maglights when I was in there today. The Maglights were even in the flyer they sent in the mail a couple days ago.
jclarksnakes

Nomad

Enlightened
Take the ad to Lowes or Home Depot or some other place that'll honor competitors' prices.

jclarksnakes said:
:awman:

We must have the very worst Target store in existence here in Savannah GA. Everytime I am there they never have any of the interesting flashlights I see in the posts here on CPF and they did not even have any of the Maglights when I was in there today. The Maglights were even in the flyer they sent in the mail a couple days ago.
jclarksnakes