What is the new company that Arc turned into?

proFeign

Newly Enlightened
What's the new company that is making the successors to the Arc AAA? I saw it online a few months back and it was awesome but I can't, not for lack of searching, find that light again. It's a single CR123A 1 or 3W LED with variable brightness and it was about $140 and they offered a "true white" LED for ten dollars more.

Thanks! :thanks:

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Your post is a little confusing...you mention the ARC AAA (now made by MTD) but indeed you are describing the ARC 4 which is no longer made, but HDS (as linked above) makes a more refined light that could be compared to the ARC 4.

proFeign

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, guys! Exactly what I was looking for. I read some stuff about their current lights a few months ago and I figured ARC was their old product. I don't know how I figured that out. Anyway, it says ARC 4 on their site now so it's pretty clear.

:)

paulr

Flashaholic
HDS built the Arc4 electronics for Arc LLC under contract. Arc LLC went out of business and HDS started selling its own lights (called the EDC series) under its own label. The HDS EDC lights have obvious similarities with the Arc4 since they have a shared electronic heritage. Yet another company later acquired the Arc brand and hired Arc's founder, and is now selling an updated version of the old Arc AAA. That is not the same company as HDS. HDS mentions the Arc4 for comparison purposes but has never sold Arc products. It's the other way around, for a while Arc was selling something that was partially an HDS product, if that helps.

proFeign

Newly Enlightened
paulr said:
HDS built the Arc4 electronics for Arc LLC under contract. Arc LLC went out of business and HDS started selling its own lights (called the EDC series) under its own label. The HDS EDC lights have obvious similarities with the Arc4 since they have a shared electronic heritage. Yet another company later acquired the Arc brand and hired Arc's founder, and is now selling an updated version of the old Arc AAA. That is not the same company as HDS. HDS mentions the Arc4 for comparison purposes but has never sold Arc products. It's the other way around, for a while Arc was selling something that was partially an HDS product, if that helps.

Thanks! Ordered an ArcAAA-Premium from the new Arc mfg with the original owner. Too bad they say all of their LEDs that they're using have a blue hue. Wish I could've spent $20 more for a GT premium model a la the old ones.

Can't wait to get it! Oh boy! :rolleyes:

proF

carrot

Flashaholic
proFeign said:
Thanks! Ordered an ArcAAA-Premium from the new Arc mfg with the original owner. Too bad they say all of their LEDs that they're using have a blue hue. Wish I could've spent $20 more for a GT premium model a la the old ones.

Can't wait to get it! Oh boy! :rolleyes:

proF

Most recent postings by CPF members seem to suggest that Arc has switched LEDs to a more "snow" white color. I'm not sure what the deal on that is, though.