Thought I killed M6R pack

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I was reading an M6 thread and reached for mine, only to find it wasn't where I keep it. :thinking: I checked the bugout/camping bag where it has been since Thanksgiving weekend. :ohgeez: I pushed the button and nada. :( From the tailcap position, it may not have been locked-out, either.

This is where it got interesting! I checked it with my DMM and the reading was unstable as in jumping up and down. I assume that has something to do with the regulation circuitry. At any rate it was strange! I plugged it into the Triton and set it for 1/2 Amp. I checked the pack voltage a few times during the charge, and it continued to jump up and down. The charge terminated and I unplugged the connector. The pack was still jumping up and down (~9 - 10V) on my Fluke. After letting it cool to room temp, I dropped it in and it Lit! :) I started my stopwatch and did my first full burn, I mean run, and got just over 19 min, so I guess it's OK.

Is the self discharge of the NiMH cells increased with the regulation circuit?

Larry

Tweek

Enlightened
IIRC, the regulation circuitry is always connected in that pack, so yes, self-discharge would be somewhat faster than if the cells were not connected to anything.

Chris