Woot!!! Inova T4 for Christmas!!!

AlienRFX

Newly Enlightened
Hey, hope Ya'all had a merry Christmas. Anyways I'm fairly new to this forum, been lurking for a few weeks but have generally been a longtime flashaholic.
from improving the headlights on my car to nightriding my mountainbike, all the way back to when I was in scouts and a pyro in training. I've always been fascinated by lighting technology.

Well I got an Inova T4 for Christmas and I think it will make a great light for work. Work at a Gemini Goodyear Service garage, and this light should work great for inspecting vehicles, finding tires in the dimly lit store room, etc.
I was a little worried about the so called Luxeon lottory when researching this light. But to my suprise the tint is absolutely perfect:rock: :rock: . The spot is white with a slightly warm colorbalance to it, just a bit whiter than a great xenon light. No green,blue or purple tint to it at all. I'd say white with a touch of cream would best describe it so the color rendition is great and it doesn't tire the eyes. In fact my HID Nightpro Extreme mountian bike headlight has more blue to it. The beam pattern is a bit ringy on the spill but some diffusion film can take care of that if I choose.
As far as I can tell I am very satisfied with this light for its intended purpose, however I doubt that I am done buying lights because I can hear a surefire just calling my name:help: as they seem to be very intriguing lights.

Delvance

Enlightened
Congrats on your new light and welcome! :) I have a few Inovas myself and they are great lights! Very high build quality and good output/runtime. The ringy spill is due to Inova's unique TIROS optical system...i grew to like the pattern heh.

VT-Metal-VT

Newly Enlightened
A very very good Christmas gift....I have a T4 and is a great flashlight!! :rock: