Which lights do you prefer for EDC and SDC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tron3

Banned
If you missed the article that reveals what SDC is, find out at my Fenix L1P mini review. http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103158

Hint: QIII is still my EDC, the Fenix L1P is my SDC.

It's actually a very good way of deciding which is better to carry. Several of the guys are already using this terminolgy. Should become an important part of the. Flashaholic lexicon.
So, what are your EDC and SDC? :grin2: :huh2:

Last edited:

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right now, I ALWAYS have the Fenix L1P on me with an NiMH cell and 90% or more of the time, I carry a 2 cell Vital Gear body with a TW0K-modded BOG module run on 2 R123 cells so I guess they are my SDC and EDC lights.

greenLED

Flashaholic
I only carry one, every day, so it's EDC for me. :nana:
Seriously, I don't switch lights for special ocassions.

deranged_coder

Enlightened
Not really a "Sunday" carry since I tend to dress relatively rugged even during weekends but for occasions wherein I need to dress up (such as when I was at a friend's wedding a week ago) I usually carry my SF E2e-SG or my SF E2W Winelight II.

My EDCs rotate depending on whatever I feel like carrying around. For example, I currently have a Gladius in my right front pants pocket and a SF U2, SF A2 and a Gerber Infinity in my Fatboy.

lexina

Enlightened
I don't carry different lights on Sundays or special ocassions but I do carry different lights during the day (EDC) and at night (ENC or Every Night Carry). Got to admit I am not the first to quote this term but I thought it was quite neat to separate the two categories that way.

During the day, at work, I only need a light to look behind a PC or such tasks and I prefer to carry a smaller, typically led/luxeon-based light such as the Fenix L1P or Nuwai Q3.

At night where the use of the light is mainly outdoors and ambient light is more of a problem, I ENC a slightly bigger, incandescent light such as the 6P or the Princeton Tec Tec40.

Last edited:

Blazer

Enlightened
During regular days I EDC the Fenix L1P and keep an incan in my coat pocket, usually a SF 6P or E2D. Nights I usually have a SF L1 on a lanyard (no pockets in my PJ pants) so that I can navigate the house without waking up the kids. It goes on the nightstand at bedtime, the regular unmodified M*g 3D is under the bed.

When I'm on duty I have a Streamlight Strion and a Pelican M6 LED on my duty belt and keep a 3D M*g with the drop in TerraLUX MaxStar3 Luxeon LED in my duty bag, and our cars are equipped with 2 Streamlight Stinger XTs in vehicle chargers.

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
i don't dress up, period, i *hate* "suits" (both the people and the clothing) and will *never* voluntarily wear that crap

so, it's EDC by default for me, and the one constant EDC that's always with me is the Fenix L1S (R-binned L1 Lghthound special), i may change what other lights i carry, but i *always* have the L1S with me, it's so pocketable i forget it's there

(do keychain squeezylights count, or are those considered a "given", if they count, i have a Lighthound "Fauxton" and a Photon Freedom on my keychain)

my normal day-to-day EDC array consists of the L1S, and a 6P and X5 in a Nite Ize Pock-Its holster (and the Photon and Fauxton uf they qualify)

Last edited:

tron3

Banned
MacTech said:
i don't dress up, period, i *hate* "suits" (both the people and the clothing) and will *never* voluntarily wear that crap

so, it's EDC by default for me, and the one constant EDC that's always with me is the Fenix L1S (R-binned L1 Lghthound special), i may change what other lights i carry, but i *always* have the L1S with me, it's so pocketable i forget it's there

(do keychain squeezylights count, or are those considered a "given", if they count, i have a Lighthound "Fauxton" and a Photon Freedom on my keychain)

my normal day-to-day EDC array consists of the L1S, and a 6P and X5 in a Nite Ize Pock-Its holster (and the Photon and Fauxton uf they qualify)

That is the beauty of EDC definition. It implies all the other types of EDC lights. You don't have to use the term. The use of the other terms is to specifically denote an EDC of special type.

rabbit

Newly Enlightened
My EDCs are L1 - Coat pocket, A2 - in trousers' pocket, E1L - Jacket's pocket, T3 - briefcase.
My SDC are E1L - in Jacket's pocket, QIII in Coat's pocket.

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Poll prohibits SDC terminology!

According to the poll you really shouldn't be using that acronym but you just keep on pushing and pushing....

Gonna have to report this to the FBI, CIA,GBI, NSA, etc...:ohgeez:

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Which lights do you prefer for SeC?

My EDC is a modded fenix

My Sex Device Carried is ... Well I don't carry sex devices

StanTeate

Enlightened
Re: Which lights do you prefer for SeC?

My EDC is a FireFly w/ reflector. Stays in my pocket. Carry a LionHeart in my jacket which has good throw. I use a SNII for work and extreem distance.

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
tron3,

Are posting a whole bunch of threads just to push your new term, SDC?

What exactly do you mean by your signature, claiming to be the "founder" of a light? And what is an "MIS guy?"

My EDC is a McLuxIII-PD.

My FDC (fire department carry) is a SureFire L2, sometimes an L4.

My MNC (middle of the night carry) is a red SureFire A2.

My EKC (emergency kit carry) is a SureFire G2.

My BPC (breast pocket carry) is a Photon Freedom.

Scott

*Bryan*

Enlightened
MIS = Management of Information Systems.

xochi, where is that sig line you had?

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
Surefire G2, 2 Photons, Arc-AA.
My EDC doesn't change, ever. If I had to dress up (never do) I'd find a way to carry them all anyway.

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
Etymology and its manipulation is an interesting subject. I have noticed that entities that are most active in rapid evolution of terminology also tend to use a lot of acronyms and abbreviations, which also evolve very rapidly.

Scott

tron3

Banned
youseelabruin said:
Mr. Tron3, please no more self-promoting acronym posts.

What. Don't you like a little controversy and excitement in the threads?
Don't worry. I'm not here to make trouble. This will die out on it's own.

This is only one forum in a world wide web of over 1 billion web sites. Relax, there are worse things in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.