Is this covered under Surefire's warrenty?

Raven

Enlightened
I've had my SF 9P for close to a decade, and it's been in storage for several years now. Since I've decided to sell it, I put some batteries in it to make sure it worked. What I saw surprised me. The center spot of the beam looked like a jellybean that had been pressed flat.

Upon closer inspection, the bulb appeared to be tilting, though I'm not sure if this is the cause or not.

So I'm wondering if this is the type of thing that SF will cover under warrenty.

I'd really hate to repair it, just so I could sell it, but the beam sure as heck isn't SF quality, as it is.

Thanks

Oh oh, I feel like such a noob. This thread should have gone in general flashlight discussion. My apologies to the mod that has to move it.

Last edited:

hogx1

Newly Enlightened
I would suggest writing them, You would be VERY VERY surprised as to what kinda stuff they fix/replace.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greetings Raven,

The oval beam is normal for a P90 lamp. Both of mine are that way. Someone wrote it has something to do with the filament geometry.

BTW, I have both the frosted tipped and non-frosted P90 lamps.

kelmo

PS Why you selling a great light?

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
The bulb in my p61 tilts, also. Since it's the only SF lamp assembly that I've ever had, I just assumed it was normal and irrelevent because of the reflectors stippling.

Raven

Enlightened
My Surefire's hotspot use to be perfectly centered, so I know that something has happened.

I will try and post a beamshot later.

bole64

Newly Enlightened
Story similar to that. I had a 6p P60 LA in storage for about a year. It only had about an hour of use on it. When I took it out of storage it had a big doughnut hole in it. I sent SF an e-mail with beam shots, and they just asked me for my address. I got a new one in less than a week. I was extremely pleased.

Raven

Enlightened
bole64 said:
Story similar to that. I had a 6p P60 LA in storage for about a year. It only had about an hour of use on it. When I took it out of storage it had a big doughnut hole in it. I sent SF an e-mail with beam shots, and they just asked me for my address. I got a new one in less than a week. I was extremely pleased.

I called SF, and they told me bulbs are not covered under warrenty.

I'm ok with that, since the light is several years old, but it's always been a shelf queen, with no drops, so it's a mystery to me how it could have happened.