10:10 PM EST and "Grizly Man" just dropped the "F" bomb on The Discovery Channel...

bruner

Enlightened
10:10 PM EST and "Grizly Man" just dropped the "F" bomb on The Discovery Channel...

Well,

I now have no doubt that this will be spoofed on South Park within the next two weeks.

Poor guy, definetly crazy. Uhhh, bears are dangerous, M'kay...

Dan

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Re: 10:10 PM EST and "Grizly Man" just dropped the "F" bomb on The Discovery Channel...

bears arent dangeroeus but as pewople we shoukld respect them and give em there space

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 10:10 PM EST and "Grizly Man" just dropped the "F" bomb on The Discovery Channel.

Met a bear once in Vermont at opposite sides of a berry patch. We both took off running in opposite directions, don't know who was running faster.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 10:10 PM EST and "Grizly Man" just dropped the "F" bomb on The Discovery Channel...

Rented it on DVD a while back. The guy was NOT a naturalist or scientist, and he was way, WAY nuts. Surprising thing was all the people who went along with him and supported him, including his last girlfriend who died with him. Too bad since otherwise, it would have been almost a comedy instead of a tragedy.

Lightmeup

Enlightened

Maybe someone could explain what happened for those of us who missed it?

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast

Idiot lives with Grizzlies
Grizzlies kill idiot

magic79

Enlightened

What a joke! This guy outright lies about being alone, makes it a cornerstone of his documentary, and his girlfriend was with him all along! He goes on and on about how it feels "to be totally alone" and it was all crap!

Funny how James Frey is being hammered, and this guy does the same and is some cult hero.

bruner

Enlightened

DonShock,

Your response, short but sweat ;)

Seriously though, I do feel bad for the poor guy and his girlfriend. They took a risk that was WAY too great. Wild animals are WILD, they are not your friend, they are looking for food.

Dan

Last edited:

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wathcing little bits of the show now...

He keeps going on and on about how he's "protecting" the bears. Just what the hell is he protecting them against? All I see is someone who clearly has mental problems cussing out the park service. How is camping next to bears protecting them?

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Poor guy. Having that much anger is not fun.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast

Its neat how they let some 4 letter words go and censor others on those documentarys. Ive heard foul language on PBS quite a few times too and some nudity, but they burry that in the most boring programs of all.

So he and his girl friend sleep with bears and get eaten? Did they film that part? Man, sorry I missed it, I was watching the child predators on NBC one after another get arrested as they show up at a fake kids house for sex and what not.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast

You guys got me to watch it last night. I cant see what was really spectaculaor about it. He did drop the F bomb quite a few times during his ramblings to the camera. Another point he went on rambling how he wished he was gay so he could pick up guys at truck stops.

So it was either save the bears from pouchers(SP?) or be gay? Sounded to me like he was fairly bright and a great swimmer then things went down hill at college for him.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

I haven't seen the documentary, but it does sound as if he was a little delusional about his "friendship" with the bears.

**EDIT**

Now this is getting strange. The director of the documentary "Grizzly Man" has just been shot by a crazed fan with an air rifle DURING an interview with a journalist...
http://www.hollywood.com/news/detail/id/3478770

Last edited:

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Re: 10:10 PM EST and "Grizly Man" just dropped the "F" bomb on The Discovery Channel.

Wolfen said:
This guy was an egotistical jerk. All he managed doing was getting bears killed because of his desire for fame. "Bear whisperer" indeed...

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/08/0812_050812_grizzly_man.html
Good article - states my views as well. He not only died, but is responsible for his girlfriend's death, the death of those two bears, and possibly more that became habituated to him.

I understand his friends don't want his death to be in vain, welllllll then - learn a valuable and "simple" lesson from it!

LEAVE THE BEARS ALONE!!!

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

I think I'm gonna become a Tasmanian Devil Whisperer (not!). Like Sigman said, there are some animals that are best appreciated from a safe distance!

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast

What Sigman said, leave the bears alone. I have had many close encounters with large bears and each time the bear took some toothpaste and left without bumping naything in the room. I felt silly clinging tightly to a 44mag revolver the first time I ever saw a bear. Ended up we sort of nodded to each other and went seperate ways. Don't F*&^ with bears and they don't mess with you...