SureFire E1e info?

J_Roc

Newly Enlightened
I was wondering how the stock E1e compares to the E1l. When used in the city, where I find that leds then to get washed out, does the E1e perform better than the E1l? Has anyone compared an E1e to an E1e/KL1 (or E1l) side by side?

How does the MN01 compare to the MN02? (I have used the MN02)

I have read the available reviews and specs, but I would be interested in any real world experience.

Thanks.

Last edited:

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am no expert but i know the MN01 is the only "stock" SF lamp for the E1e. The MN02 may light up, but is not gonna be brighter, then the 15 lumen MN01. Plus I have read here by those smarter then me that running a incan at less (or more!) then rated voltage will shorten the life dramatically.

I love the E1e and I too would love to have it just a bit brighter 10-15 lumens or so. Still it's sooo much better then a mini mag or even stock 2xD light's.VDG

CLHC

Flashaholic
I have the SureFire E1e and can't/cannot compare that with the LED version (what for anyway?). In its own right it IS plenty bright for an incandescent. . .

J_Roc

Newly Enlightened
CHC said:
I have the SureFire E1e and can't/cannot compare that with the LED version (what for anyway?).

CHC, I am looking at both models and wanted to know if the E1l "beats" the E1e. How would the E1e compare to the E2e?

CLHC

Flashaholic
The SureFire E2e, is noticeably brighter than its "younger" sibling (SF.E1e) since the stock lamp assembly is putting out 60 Lumens as opposed to 15 Lumens. Either way they both see a balanced amount of uses along with my other LEDs (non-SFs) for my EDC. Again Your Methods May Vary accordingly so.

Enjoy!

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
The E1L (KL-1 on a E1e body) and a E2e or E2d are brighter, but the usefullness of the E1e is it can be used for up close work easier then either the E2 and KL-1, both of which can be blinding in that capacity. I love my
KL-1's and E2d but the incan E1e is really to me a great middle ground, with indoor and outdoor uses good spill and throw for a "weak" incan. Grampa jack
can explain it better then me (he carries two at all times) but you get my point. It's also a great jumping off point to build a light for any use with oodles of LED head's and tail caps from both surefire and mcgizmo, etc. VDG

alvdll

Newly Enlightened
E1L is considerably brighter then the E1e and throws further, however E1e is the smallest Surefire light.

firefly99

Enlightened
J_Roc said:
I was wondering how the stock E1e compares to the E1l. When used in the city, where I find that leds then to get washed out, does the E1e perform better than the E1l? Has anyone compared an E1e to an E1e/KL1 (or E1l) side by side?
hey J_Roc,
Comparing LED and incan light, that is like comparing apple & orange.

In general, LEDs then to get washed out in outdoor city area with all the street light, when compare to an incan light.

But in really dark areas, both are equally impressive, given the amount of light coming out of a 1 cell light.

E1E is my all time favourite, in fact I had 4, "3 shelf queen & 1 in car".

J_Roc

Newly Enlightened
Hi firefly99,

Yeah, I knew it was apples and oranges when I posted. I basically went all the way over to leds, and now want to go back (a little bit, anyways) to incans. Just wanted a little info on the E1e, since I also had my eye on the E1l.

Thanks for the info guys...