Is HDS Ultimate 85 Vaporware?

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out the HDS forum under Manufacturer's Corner. Some folks got them last fall, but demand overwhelmed supply so HDS planned to reintroduce them again sometime in March. :)

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
February (SHOT Show) was the original plan, but aparently parts/manufacturing fell behind, so March is the estimate now. So they're definitely in production, it's just a matter of when they'll be ready for shipping.

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
spyderknut said:
Straighforward question is above. I see it listed on HDS site but I don't see it for sale anywhere and I never see reference to it here.

What Leukos said. Here is the news directly from HDS. A number of us were lucky enough to snag one before they stopped shipping. I think the current estimate is that they will start shipping again in March.

-john

lineup1-800x600.jpg

u85-compare-800x600.jpg

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bucky said:
Do we know if the light has changed in any way from the version that was released in the fall?

I don't think we have heard about anything changing other than there is a new revision to the tailcap design (for all models). It seems likely that by the time the light is shipping again, it will be using the new tailcap design.

Of course, maybe HDS will roll out a new product or two at SHOT. But my guess is the U85 will be released pretty much in the same form we have seen, but with the new tailcap.

-john

Last edited:

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, the button is sunken in a bit so the light sits flat on the tail. The old cap can stand, but since the rubber button sticks out, it's precarious at best.