help id a petzl.

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
got this at the flea for $5.
looks like this
but no belt pack.battery pack is on the headband.nothing on petxl website either.
main interest is getting a spare bulb.

Will_

Newly Enlightened
If it looks like that, then it is one of the MYO series. How many LEDs are there (if any)? If there are 3, then it is the MYO 3, if 5, then the MYO 5, if none, then just MYO. It should take a 6v halogen bulb if it runs on 4 AAs.

Will

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
looks like its a myo 5
seems petzl discontinued it in favor of the same unit with a longer cord.
seems i got a steal at $5

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you didn't already know this, there might be a spare bulb locatated in the clip that holds the wire to the band.
Looks like you got a good deal, the replacement bulb will cost more than the light. Spare bulbs available through IMO.
http://www.caves.org/imo/frames1.htm
click on bulbs on left frame then scroll all the way to the bottom. The Xenon is brighter than the standard but runs for less time. The xenon bulb has a white base.

Last edited:

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
cave dave said:
If you didn't already know this, there might be a spare bulb locatated in the clip that holds the wire to the band.
Looks like you got a good deal, the replacement bulb will cost more than the light. Spare bulbs available through IMO.
http://www.caves.org/imo/frames1.htm
click on bulbs on left frame then scroll all the way to the bottom. The Xenon is brighter than the standard but runs for less time. The xenon bulb has a white base.
bingo!
looks like the spare is in a clip on the band.
thanks!
i like this unit better than the rayovac i modded.
the rayovac is headed to the tackle box and this into may everyday work tools.
seems to be nice on even low led to work inside a cnc control cabinet without glare.

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a Petzl Myo5. It's a very nice and reliable HL. The 5 leds are regulated.
Until last year I used the same light at my bicycle trips in Asia. It never let me down. :)

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
used it to work on a truck i just got.very nice.
btw it has some odd batteries in it
nx enix energies belgium.
i will be watching this guy and have given him my number.he was liquidating a pawnshop and told me there may be another!

mrme

Enlightened
If you find yourself using a headlamp a lot for shop work, you might do better with a different headlamp. A clickie switch is easier to opperate with wet/oily hands and a battery pack on the headband is nicer than an external one for intermitten use.

But for $5, I wouldn't complain. Those Myos are really nice lights.