Looking for small bright pocket light

Paul6ppc

Enlightened
AmiLite Neo T3
Orb RAW
Jil lite
HDS

These are my choices so far,it must be able to run on rechargables,I would prefer a hi/low output.This will be a pocket edc.Are there any other lights I might want to look at? Anyone with some personal experience with these lights?Pros and cons are welcome.
Are the hds any better and why?HDS 42 is not as bright and more expensive plus another 30 for the charger.Thats why I leaning towards the orb.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I personally like the Jil Intelli, though I don't have one (saving up). It as the form factor and design I really like, is smaller than all the others and as many usable levels.

Since you have an HDS in there, if you don't mind the size and can swing the price, a McLuxIII PD would be nice, small and 2-stage.

There's also the Fenix L0P that I believe MillerMods has a 2- and 3-stage board for.

carrot

Flashaholic
You want the ultimate in small and bright... you want a larrylight. Unfortunately they are not for sale...

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
jsr said:
I personally like the Jil Intelli, though I don't have one (saving up). It as the form factor and design I really like, is smaller than all the others and as many usable levels.

Since you have an HDS in there, if you don't mind the size and can swing the price, a McLuxIII PD would be nice, small and 2-stage.

There's also the Fenix L0P that I believe MillerMods has a 2- and 3-stage board for.

The Fenix LOP is way out of the league of those lights. An Orb Raw is even brigther than 3 of the brigthest Fenix avaliable combined together!

I'd personally recommend either the PEAK Caribbean/Mediterranean or an Orb Raw 3 Watt, if he doesn't mind the lack of hard coating and regulation. The HDS is a very fine light but it's too big and kinda overpriced.

Paul6ppc

Enlightened
I dont mind it ,orb ,not being coated. or DD. Ill take a closer loook at the Peak I like thier snow white led,I think I would like something more on the size of jil/orb. I agree the HDS is overpriced ,seems like a great light, and has lots of loyal fans.To me it seems like you dont get that much for the price. Id prefer to carry something under $100,so much for Mclux, cool light though.

I ddint realize jil had battery tube extensions, Ill have to see what battery options and brightness levels it will run at.That get mor interesting the more I look.Still like the Orb for cool factor.Anyone got pics of the orb next to jil??

Keep the info coming...........

lentuk

Newly Enlightened
JIL Intelli or the new CR2 ION, I have both and I prefer these for true pocket carry over the HDS sized lights. I dont use them for anything other than occasional use, If you need a light with more run time or for 'on the job' then the bigger lights my better fit your needs.

Last edited:

CLHC

Flashaholic
Like already mentioned. The JIL, ORB and/or the CR2ION. Though I don't think that the latter is that bright as the first two, at least that's what my tired eyes led me to believe. . .Hope you find what you're looking for and Enjoy!

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am also looking for a really bright pocket light, and am leaning towards the Orb Raw. I just wish that they stuck with the Ubin, because it was supposedly quite a bit brighter than the T bin they are currently using.

Can someone do comparison pics between the Orb Raw vs Fenix L1P (or show me pics if they have already been done).

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
the ilumabeam ulteon CR123 Luxeon is priced rightBTW more powerful than the Q3
i am looking forward to adding my
Peak Mc Kinley 7 led !!!
any chance ORB will go back to U bin???:huh2: i like the newer 2 stage

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the HDS is too big for pocket carry IMHO. Too stubby/thick. I have one on the way to be (Ultimate 60) and will let it ride in a Rip-Offs holster.

I replaced the Arc AAA on my keychain with a CR2 Ion (fantastic light.)

No comment on the Amilite (single stage only) or the Orb and Jil lights.

CLHC

Flashaholic
I have to agree with JasonC8301's statement regarding the HDS U##GT for pocket-carry. I've mentioned that several times in other threads. . .

Then again, that's my thoughts on it. That's all!