Does Surefire keep track of us?

WhiteLight

Newly Enlightened
Do you think Surefire (or any other big name co.) keeps track of info on us?

For example I have sent in a dead A2-BK-WH for repair. I emailed surefire about different parts (clips, tail caps, lamps) that I have had trouble with and they have sent out replacement parts ASAP. I have also ordered direct from Surefire.

So do you think they have a file with my name on it along with everthing I have bought, warranty info and info on replacement parts they have sent me?

Just kind of wondering if they do and if they do how does this info get used?

Does the big guy that does a lot of buying from them (besides goverment) get better/faster service then the guy they have no sales history on?

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd guess they have the warranty info you've submitted, yeah - otherwise how could they tell if you've submitted the registration card?? Some companies are really picky about that, they won't touch something unless it's been registered with them..

Some of the other stuff, I don't know. Even if it's not traced to you, they probably keep all kinds of sales data, if nothing else just so they can keep track of what sells when for production purposes. Marketing, I guess, I can't think of any other way to describe it..

I'd think the gov't gets priority in a lot of cases, and being that they get lights and other products never available to the general populous I'd have to say they're really the "big guy"..

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think every purchase from them is an automatic email to the Dept. of Homeland Security. :sweat:

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting point. On recent SF purchases, I didn't see a registration card. Maybe their not doing it anymore. Someone told me they will fix it regardless in most cases. Have others gotten registration cards with their SF purchases recently?

Wireman

Newly Enlightened
fieldops said:
Interesting point. On recent SF purchases, I didn't see a registration card. Maybe their not doing it anymore. Someone told me they will fix it regardless in most cases. Have others gotten registration cards with their SF purchases recently?
I've never sent in one of those registration cards for anything I've ever bought. I've never had a problem getting warranty work done.

I always thought the registration card was optional (kinda like registration after you install some computer software).

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're aboslutely right Wireman. I email SF and they said their warranty applies no matter where you got the light and regardless of any registration. Good to know.

cosine

Newly Enlightened
leukos said:
I think every purchase from them is an automatic email to the Dept. of Homeland Security. :sweat:

Worse than that. They make LE and military gear, right? So that they can keep track of everything they sell to the common man, all their products have an RFID tag in them. :aaa:
:sweat:

I jest, I jest :nana:

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, so you don't *need* a registration for them to take care of a problem..they're not just throwing the cards away, are they?? Don't get me wrong, I don't care if they keep track of what I buy or not.. I don't look at it in a negative way, I guess..

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
It maybe for mailing list and promotional ad purposes. I'd say most of all warranty cards sent in anywhere end up on a mailing list......then eventually sold to others:)........then mail comes back to you:rant:

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just sent in my L4 for repair, while on the phone getting my RMA I paid close attention to the ongoings to our conversation.
If you are wondering if every time the type your name they have your history, then no.
I have ordered new through them, made warranty claims with them as well as general inquiries. Each time I can hear the representitive typing each item of information, if my name had somehow triggered something they would not have had to go through the redundancy of data entry.
Now, I have not sent the same item in twice, ie, serial number so that may differ. Surefire does not keep (small) profiles on their system, just an educated hunch though.. :)

NickelPlate

Enlightened
I think those registration cards are all about building information for their marketing database. Companies want to profile you anyway they can. The more they know about you, the more marketing leverage they have. It's all about sales/money in the end.

Dave

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
jus topened a new E1L today and no warrenty card... Also... My tailcap is acting up on my U2 and I emailed them Monday. WIthout any trouble they confirmed they will send a new cap. I didn't provide anything but an address... AWESOME company to work with

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad to hear they're replacing the clickie. Good service. Oh, just noticed you are in MA too. I also had Inova send me out a free clickie. They were glad to help. I guess sometimes its worth getting a light with a super company.

Last edited: