My E2e is acting up, what gives?

SCblur

Enlightened
I got my E2e out to use last night, and it was totally dead. Nothing. That was funny I thought, cause I could've sworn the batteries were less than five minutes old. Oh well, maybe I left it on. Not likely, but maybe. So, I think, I'll try the batteries from my G2 in the E2e to make sure it's a dead battery problem, cause maybe the bulb burned out. Yea that's it, I'll bet the bulb burned out...

I swap the batteries with my G2, and the E2e lights right up, full power. Okay, so it's dead batteries. But that's weird, cause I'm almost certain the batteries in the E2e were still good. So, I decide to put the original batteries back in the E2e, and try them again. VIOLA!, the E2e is now working with the original batteries. WHAT GIVES?

I'm reluctant to rely on my favorite little E2e when I really need it now. It wasn't working at all, took the batts out, then back in, and no problem. Any thoughts on why this would be? It bothers me. I would much rather have blown a bulb or had dead batts, then find some elusive problem like this.

What's up with My favorite little flashlight???

Wireman

Newly Enlightened
You sure the head was on tight? I've found that all my E series need their heads to be pretty tight, a sixteenth of a turn (sometimes less) will shut it off.

Maybe when you replaced the batteries it tightened the head up enough to make it work again? Try turning it a tiny bit and see if it shuts off.