Stinger 75000 and MAG questions

MuleSkinner

Newly Enlightened
Hey Folks I have gotten me a Stinger 75000 and grabbed one of fivemegas mods which includes Boro lens installed new reflector/black bezel for standard Stinger, battery adapter kit and using a CA1499 bulb. The batterys are 2 Pila 600P Li-ion batterys.

Now I have been talking to fivemega about getting this head and a Ultrastinger bulb to go with it. Does anyone know the lums on this sort of setup? Also does anyone know how big the Super Stinger head is? Do I need to run different batteries with it than the pilas above?

Is there anything I can do to my MiniMag and 4D Mag to get more light out of them? Rechargables or Bulbs?

Thanks in advance for the help :)

Last edited:

MSI

Enlightened
Compared to a Mag head:
SL HP head: 60mm diameter, 38mm length
Mag Head: 57mm diameter, 60mm length

You don't need different batteries.

Quoting Fivemega:
"US bulb will run about 70 minutes per charge. (about 400 bulb lumens)"

The MiniMag I would probably LED upgrade, but there is a hotwire upgrade for it as well, search for Minimag Hotwire Kit in GB forum.

The 4D Mag you can run upgrade with WA1183 or WA1319 bulb, metal reflector, Kiu socket and 4 x CTA NiMH D cells. Or just the NiMH cells and a Pelican Big ED bulb (that bulb doesn't need metal reflector and also doesn't need Kiu socket since it is potted).
You can also upgrade it to use 11 NiMH AA cells (you need battery adapters and a dummy cell for this, Modamag probably can help you with that) and run a WA1166 bulb (you need metal reflector and Kiu socket for this), that is the brightest of the suggested setups.
Guestimated runtime and brightness:
Pelican Big ED: 90 torch lumens, 5 hours
WA1319: 110 torch lumens, 5 hours
WA1183: 200 torch lumens, 2.5 hours
WA1166: 450 torch lumens, 1 hour

Last edited:

mdocod

Flashaholic
there's a lot of potencial in the mag- the options listed by MSI are the most appropriot for decent run times and high output... But there are even more options available- the incandecent section is full of people trying different things with their mags. The mag85 is alsy VERY popular...

Personally- I'm holding out for more li-ion options in the "D" size cell before I mod my 3D. (protection circuitry and possibly a more convenient charger for the large cell).. when those are available, high power mag mods (up to 50W) will have decent run time in smaller form factors.