1st Modding Project... what to do??

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
Well, Iv'e been hanging out here on CPF for a bit now, and I feel like it is time to start modding.

Ofcourse, in modding, some things are more important than others, so I've already come up with a name for the project: Can LIght Things OR Items Significantly, or Project: C.LI.T.OR.I.S. for short.

So now the name is set, I would like some advice on what to do. As I have never ever modded a light before, other than putting a krypton bulb in a light, or adding a blob of solder to a spring to increase conductivity, it has to be fairly simple and cheap. But "Insane" should be considered a keyword in this mod.
As a host for this mod, I chose my good old Greatlite 4D Mag clone:

clitoris1.jpg

I did some testing, and the body will accept 16 AAs (or even 35 AAAs) So I guess power won't be much of an issue. The stock reflector is metal (with plastic coating) and has one of the ugliest beams ever seen...

clitoris2.jpg

The lens is plastic, so it will probably have to go...

I think it would be nice to make this thing very very very bright, runtime or beampattern not important. Flood? Throw? runtime of only 5 minutes? doesn't matter, as long as it has that "Oh my god what the fack was that" factor to it :)

Who has some nice ideas???

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can't go past a HID mod for all the "ooohhhhs ahhhhhss". Next would be a multiple LED (LuxeonIII or LuxV). Both will give you lots of pleasure :D