sf m6 question

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was looking at savsonswordsandknives web site and noticed their picture of the m6 light looks to be black. Does anyone know if they are available in black or is the color just off in their picture?

nethiker

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF dizzy. :wave:

The picture of the light is accurate. If you compare it to the U2 below it which is a black light you can see the difference. The M6 is not available in black as far as I know.

If you are considering this light, I would shop around. I purchased mine from OpticsHQ which has a thread here on CPF. They offer a discount to CPF members beyond their low prices and have excellent customer service to boot.

Edit: Sorry dizzy, I now noticed you've been around a while. It was you post count that fooled me. Good to see you around again.

Last edited:

CLHC

Flashaholic
Now that would be something if there was a SureFire M6 available in black!

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
No problem nethinker. Just not much of a poster. Upon looking again after your reply I see what you mean about looking different than a U2 but if you look at the M4 right next to it it is as different as day and night.

I am a member at opticsHQ and plan to buy my next light from them,but not sure which light to get. A black m6 would be mine if it were available. I got a E2D last month to go With my G2 and now have the itch to get something with way more powerful.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Millennium Series in Black HA.... :drool: :drool:

Get in line behind me! :nana:

(thinking about this I believe the most sexy would be an M3 (with the bezel featuring the fins and the truncated hex style)

OutdoorIdiot

Enlightened
Dizzy: I thought the same thing. Looks much darker.

Never heard of a black M6, though. And my M4 looks identical in body colour to my M6.

Also agree: An M6 in black would be the icing on the cake!

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seen a chrome like M6 and I have a HA M6. Seen a M511B but no BK HA body, nitrolon.

I would love a BK HA M6....Possibly a MiniBeast?

InfidelCastro

Banned
I wonder if they would even make a black version, since it would show its scrapes and scratches so much more.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a black head on my M6. It was a replacement after the original heads reflector was damaged beyond salvage. The lamp exploded in the first 10 minutes of runtime on the light. I told SF I needed a replacement ASAP since I had just gone to nightshift. My guess is they sent a head from a Weapons light.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The original M500A Series and M500B Series were in standard (non-HA) black finish so it would be possible to have a black "Millennium" TurboHead but it would have a Lexan window.