outlaw anonymous speech on the Internet

jtr1962

Flashaholic
This sounds self-serving to me:

"The site's forum for Somerset County--that is, Biondi's home district--is home to a slew of pseudonymous posts that tend to be less than kind to local politicians."

So it bothers their egos that people are criticizing them. Tough. It comes with the job. Maybe they should realize that many of these anonymous criticisms are legitimate gripes, and act on them. Of course, that would be a novel idea-actually trying to serve the people who elected you and pay your salary by listening to their grievances. Too many politicians these days think the office exists to serve them rather than vice versa.

Navck

Enlightened
Must be the next serial killer, pedophile, etc's paradise.
Find your victims address, age, phone number, everything.
Got mad at someone over forums? Find where they live and set their house on fire.

Great idea, lets set the bill of rights on fire

Another example - See "Jack Thompson", guy who wants to ban videogames because they appear "violent to him"

Empath

Flashaholic
My guess is that most forums, unless they have the misfortune of already being New Jersey based, will lock out any New Jersey members. It's about the only way I know that would shield operators from being in violation.

Come to think of it, an off-shore hosted totally anonymous forum dedicated to the free discussion of New Jersey politics could probably be a huge success. There's not much the New Jersey thought police could do about it either, since they'd have no way of knowing who administers it, the identity of it's posting members, nor any way to subpoena the information.

Navck

Enlightened
It'd be funny if some poltiical leader got insulted on a forum, registered, and flamed that user, but didn't try to burn the Bill of Rights in the process. *Cough*