Need help on light purchase.

Truezach

Newly Enlightened
Need some help deciding on which to buy. I know they are almost completly different in terms of uses, but......you know how it is.

AmiLite Neo T3
Pelican M6 - Incan.

If you guys have any other good suggestions in the 50-100 dollar range let me know what you guys think. Also, supposedly my Orb Raw shipped last week, yippie!

Thanks.

Last edited:

Mini-Moder

Enlightened
If you dont have on already the SF 6P is a great light if you want incan. It goes for $59 or $56, cant remember, from surefire. But CPF'er RemingtonBPD is selling a whole set, including high output lamp and holster all NIB for $94. This is a pretty good deal. I love my 6P. I would highly recomend getting one. If after you buy the 6P, decide you want to go LED, you can easily swap out the head, for a quick upgrade. Between the amilite and the M6, I would say M6. But I love the amilite as well, just not as much. It depends on what you are looking for in the light.

carrot

Flashaholic
I second Mini-Moder's recommendation for the Surefire 6P. You can get an A19 extender from Surefire or a third-party company (lighthound.com sells a few) and a P90 later to convert it into a 9P.

Or you can pick up a KL3 LED module, or a G&P drop-in 3W LED lamp assembly to convert it to LED should you change your mind about incandescent.

If you want a little more bang for your buck, you could get the Surefire G2 (but the newer A19 supposedly doesn't work on it), for about $35 and then pick up what I think is the perfect companion light to a 2x123 incandescent light -- the Inova X5 for $30 (but much cheaper at Fry's). The X5 can take used batteries from pretty much any 2x123 incandescent and run for many hours at a decent brightness. That way you have a good floodlight and a good thrower, as well. Or you could get the 6P and X5...

If you're feeling cheap, the River Rock series of lights at Target are pretty good, especially at the rock-bottom prices when they're on clearance -- search for threads on them on CPF for more.

Is there something specific you're looking for in a light?