Got my McE2S tailcap switch today! Awesome!

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ahhh, now I see what all the fuss is about. I love this little thing. I got a 30 ohm in it and it turned out perfect for my KL3. The low is about a quarter of full. Gorgeous! Can't wait till night fall so I can test it out. I have a BOG 3W drop in coming as well, which I will try it with that also. If you've been thinking about getting, I recommend it. Better hurry though, I thought I read somewhere here that they are going to stop production of them. :( The only thing I don't like - and this is a VERY small nitpick - is when twisting in on, it stays on low kinda long before the high engages. Thats it. No biggie. Pushing the button is flawless however. The button sinks in a little more than I'm used to, but still feels fine. I give it a 9.8/10 :). I may equip all my LED surefires with one.

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gladyou like it! At least it was an easy decision for you.. :grin2:
You can fine tune that switch, see some of the stickies in the mcGizmo forum you started your search in, there is some great info on how to shorten the throw of that switch.. If you can't find them then post in your other thread (McGizmo) and I will help you look..
Enjoy it! :)

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, searched throught them real quick. Alot of info there. I'll have to go thru it in depth when I get a chance. Still loving it though!

Fringe

Enlightened
Yep they are great. Just take it apart and file the post down a bit and you can dial it in real nice like. I am looking forward to seeing Don's new switch.

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go easy if you file down the post. I use a caliper and take it down to .390 from .407 inch as I recall. Then I get exactly 1/4 turn between low to high, and a similar reduction in push distance.

Last edited:

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Hi KDog3,

I am so glad that you love your McGizmo Two Stage Tailcap.

I own one, the Trim Version, at 22 ohm. I use it on my L4, and it to me it spot on perfect.

I am certain that the more that you use it, you will continue to appreciate it.

All My Best,
John