SF E2d and E2e

alvdll

Newly Enlightened
I have got both E2D and E2e. I noticed my E2D has a more intense beam then my E2e, and my E2e is more floody. Last night I brought both for a night walk to test out and indeed the E2d throws a tad further the E2e. I presume since the E2D is a defense light, Surefire must have tighthen the beam further to increase the blinding effect on the attacker?

CLHC

Flashaholic
:thinking: They accept the same lamp assemblies. I don't know if the reflector in the E2d is "deeper" than it the SF.E2e. But with those "crenelations!"—

Size15's

Flashaholic
I believe you are experiencing the natural variation of reflector/bulb combinations. Some have suggested that the domed window used by some E2d's in the past helped concentrate the beam. I have no evidence from the ones I have to support this. Try swapping over the lamp assemblies. That might show a difference.

alvdll

Newly Enlightened
I swapped both the LA, the E2d still throws further, in fact tonight I compare it with my C2 and G2Z. Can you believe it, the E2d outthrows the C2 & G2Z! :D Woohooo!

W4DIZ

Enlightened
My E2D & E2E do the same Thing.I have the domed window in the E2D.
I get the same results with any La.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Size15's said:
I believe you are experiencing the natural variation of reflector/bulb combinations. Some have suggested that the domed window used by some E2d's in the past helped concentrate the beam. I have no evidence from the ones I have to support this. Try swapping over the lamp assemblies. That might show a difference.

No he's not. I doubt you remember my thread last yr on this exact thing, since the majority of owners of both E2d/E2e report the same it must be the reflector or any kind of "choking" effect the E2d bezel might (though I doubt it) suppy. you gave this same answer then as now, and you are wrong.

after trying 3 E2d, 2 E2e and 4 lamps it was always the same, the E2d won out. after wondering about this to to my electronic's tech He got out a sort thick tele scope looking thing. It's used to map clearences in a small area to otimise room in car stereo's, he help's design for harmon kardon
(his main job) well it has a bunch of function's but for this it produces a grid,
work's in night vison so it won't reflect.
long story, the E2d for wherever reason has a different parablic curve, ever so slight, but there. couple other thing's too. VDG

Last edited: