Need help finding cheap 123 hosts

MrBadger

Newly Enlightened
I've got a couple of the new wolf-eyes lamps in 3.7v and 9v coming in the mail, but I need hosts for them. I have a SF G2 that I'm going to put one of the 3.7v lamps in with one of the new protected 17670s from AW. I need a few other 2x cr123 hosts to play around with and maybe give as a gift. I like the dorcy spider, but can't find any localy. Does anyone know where these are being sold if at all? I've read some of the threads about the Brinkmann Maxfire LX, but what are the other options. I'd much rather find something that's about $20 for two vs. $17-18 for one.

I also need a 9v host for the other lamp that will fit 2x 17500s. I don't know of very many inexpensive 3x cr123 hosts, so if you guys have any sudgestions, I'm all ears.

Thanks!

frisco

Enlightened
Sam's Club Cyclops.... about $12.00 for a pair! You have to trim about an eighth of an inch off the front of the bezel diameter. I just used a Cyclops with a P60 lamp all weekend and was very impressed.

frisco

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Dorcy Spyders are going to cost you over $20 each even if you do find them. Costco stopped carrying those over two years ago. Don't know if they'll take that lamp or not. If you want to send me a module and a fully charged 17670 battery, I could try it out in a Spyder ;). The Maxfire LX would be a lower cost and a complete drop-in replacement. Don't know about the Cyclops from Sam's. If you want to go classy (at least for one light), the Pelican M6 in black is available from Fry's stores or outpost.com for $29.90 and that's usually a drop in replacement for P60 type assemblies.

MrBadger said:
I've got a couple of the new wolf-eyes lamps in 3.7v and 9v coming in the mail, but I need hosts for them. I have a SF G2 that I'm going to put one of the 3.7v lamps in with one of the new protected 17670s from AW. I need a few other 2x cr123 hosts to play around with and maybe give as a gift. I like the dorcy spider, but can't find any localy. Does anyone know where these are being sold if at all? I've read some of the threads about the Brinkmann Maxfire LX, but what are the other options. I'd much rather find something that's about $20 for two vs. $17-18 for one.

I also need a 9v host for the other lamp that will fit 2x 17500s. I don't know of very many inexpensive 3x cr123 hosts, so if you guys have any sudgestions, I'm all ears.

Thanks!