Pelican M6...

JonL

Newly Enlightened
Hey,

Does anybody know where to buy a spare Pelican M6 2390 lamp assembly?

Thanks

JonL

Newly Enlightened
Hey GreenLed,

Is it advertised on their website?

Thanks

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
The M6 2390 uses a Luxeon 3 lamp assembly. I don't think they expect that to need replacement. Is that what you're looking for, or is it the Xenon incandescent lamp assembly for the M6? The incandescent lamp assembly is a 2324 Lamp Module for the M6 and you can find that at various web resources (search on Pelican 2324), and at most local Pelican dealers that sells the M6 2320 light. If you're near a Fry's store, check them out, many of their stores have the module priced (or mispriced) at $6.99. There's also a web store in New York that has them for $5.99 (check Froogle) but by the time you get through with shipping and everything the overall cost can mount up substantially. Pelican has the 2324 listed at $12.15 but the actual price at retail vendors does vary.

JonL

Newly Enlightened
BrightEyez,

I'm looking for the 2390 lamp assembly, it's the LED...

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think they sell that lamp assembly separately, and if they did, I'd suspect it to be close to the cost of the light if my experience with Streamlight Luxeon assemblies is any indication (Streamlight's charge for the lamp assembly on a 4AA Propoly Luxeon is $45 and their list price for the light is only $50; and of course you can get the light online for about $23!). But the B&G P60 modules for the Surefire lights will work on a M6, the lamp assemblies are almost interchangeable between the M6, the Brinkmann Maxfire LX, and the Surefire lights using the P60/P61 modules.

JonL said:
I'm looking for the 2390 lamp assembly, it's the LED...

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was quoted $29 for the LED assembly for a SL TL-2 LED...pricey! Sorry, I added no value to this thread.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes you did! I didn't know that was available! Good info to know for me as I do have a TL-2. But in retrospect, I didn't pay much more for my TL-2 (I think it was around $32. Also given the contruction of the TL-2, it wouldn't be just a drop in replacement.

jsr said:
I was quoted $29 for the LED assembly for a SL TL-2 LED...pricey! Sorry, I added no value to this thread.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brighteyez said:
Yes you did! I didn't know that was available! Good info to know for me as I do have a TL-2. But in retrospect, I didn't pay much more for my TL-2 (I think it was around $32. Also given the contruction of the TL-2, it wouldn't be just a drop in replacement.

Well, technically, it's not really "available"...you can only buy it as a replacement to a damaged one. Normally, they'd replace the damaged one no charge, but if you lost the damaged piece, you can buy the replacement piece. For the TL-2 (or NF-2, or Scorpion), the front bezel is all the same. The LED module is a bit different due to the clearance of certain areas causing things like the bezel to not screw down all the way (but still stay in place securely). I got my TL-2 xenon for $38, the cheapest I found on the net. The LED version is about $60 for a gen2 (most places sell gen1s only). Since the module's so pricey, I'm looking to just make my own module to be used in Scorpion/TL-2/NF-2 LED lights instead, but I'm going to use a Lux3 driven at 1A instead (for even more output and throw than the already impressive 1W in there).