Aunoc aaaa, 2 stage? Now replaced with newer switch

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only reason I hated so much about this little light was the twisty switch which is very unreliable and inconsistent.

Till I ve read at Lighthound site that the newer Aunoc aaaa have a metal bit instead of the original spring to improve the twisty switch.

So i decided to stick a piece of folded aluminium foil in the spring to see if that will help solve the crappy switching.

Foil folded and stuck in between the spring.

Now for the beam shot.
ARC aaa on left with new E2 batt and Aunoc aaaa with a used E2 aaaa batt

Aunoc from off with half a turn till "low"?

Further twisting the head till about 1 complete turn, "high"?

rther

Next I replaced the Aunoc with a fresh E2 aaaa batt.
ARC vs Aunoc on "low":

ARC vs Aunoc on "high":

I m still puzzled about this. Maybe the aluminium foil in between the spring had provided some resistant when lightly contacted the battery. So that mean on high, fully turned, the aluminium foil is directly pressed in between the batt and the board contacts.

Even with the "2 stage" effect the switch still felt unreliable and inconsistent, and I still wont EDC it :nana:

As edited, I ve traded with the newer switch and this light deserve a place back at the keychain :eek:

Last edited:

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Aunoc aaaa, 2 stage?

I did the same thing with foil but didn't notice the hi/low function. You are probably correct about the foil having some resistance that is negated when the coil spring is fully engaged.

What kind of runtime do you get on yours?

-LT

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast

I ve never done a runtime test before. But these AAAA batt :thumbsdow: on runtime.
To my eyes on "low" it roughly gets 1hr15min till it dimmed by half the brightness. I still could twist it to slightly brighter after that but only to be dimmed in matter of minutes.

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast

Anybody got a picture of how the new contact disc look like. Does it perform much better now, like that of an ARC or Fenix

Last edited:

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast

:bump:
Will update this thread once I recieved the newer model Aunoc aaaa with new solid stainlees steel contact point.

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast

I ve just recieved the new Aunoc aaaa light with the solid stainless steel contact point. It :rock: for a keychain light. The switch is as smooth as an ARC aaa and no more flickering problem like the ones with the spring contacts.

Suprisingly the output appears to be brighter than the older model :thumbsup:
The output of the new Aunoc is as good as the Arc except for the runtime that could be provided in the slimmer aaaa battery.
Slight battery rattle when off. I was hoping that Aunoc provides foam pads like ARC.

A slim stainless steel light with improved switch and its even dive rated. :twothumbs:

:p will be doing some lap in the pool with this new light later.

Now there is nothing to hate about this light... beside the runtime:nana:

Last edited: