What single flashlight have you carried longest?

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not just what model of flashlight, but what single flashlight or flashlights have you carried for the longest time period on a daily basis, not something you carry occasionally.

Mine would have to be tied, I have carried a Red Photon Microlight II on my keychain and a white Microlight II in my watch pocket or pants pocket every single day since they were introduced what, 12 years, 13 years or so ago? The same two lights, have never lost or had to replace them.

What about yours?

hburner

Enlightened
I have just recently (within the past year and 1/2) started carrying a light with me everywhere I go, I mean everywhere. And 98% of the time it is my C3 HA w/P91 and 2 18650s. I just love the output of it and continue to impress people with it everytime I pull it out!!!!

Last edited:

REparsed

Newly Enlightened
I also carried (and still do) a Photon II. It's been on my keychain at least 10 years, probably more. It started out as a stock Photon but recently I replaced the red led with a 40K white led from this thread:

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=106040

The most amazing thing is it still had the original battery in it and it still worked! I had to repace that 10+ year old battey with two CR2016's to drive the white led.

drizzle

Enlightened
Photon II here as well. I think I took it off the keychain for a while in a silly attempt to reduce the amount of stuff in my pockets. It's back now and has been for a few years.

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've only been carrying a "real" flashlight for a short time, and keep switching, so it's hard to say which has been the longest. However, there's been a Photon of some sort on my keychain for the past few years, although even that's gone through some changes (Photon II white, Photon III white, now Photon Freedom violet).

Chris201W

Enlightened
I haven't been carrying flashlights for long, but I guess the one I've carried continuously for the longest would be my trusty Arc-AAA-P.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Photon II here as well. Turquoise model. Ancient and still working like new. IIRC it was my first LED light of any kind so I'm a bit sentimental about it.

-LT

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I've been packing my avatar for a little short of 2 years. :D (Hmmm, lux maintainence vs Vf drop- has it gotten brighter/dimmer? :thinking: )

Larry

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Solitiare, since whenever they first came out (1988?) until 2003 when I learned of the Arc AAA on the CPF. Work EDC since 1979 was an AAA penlight - this has since undergone CPF induced changes.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I have a uk 2AAA eled in my pocket that replaced the incan version I carried since about 1996... the eled I got about a year ago and rarely use it but with alkaline batteries its 12-20 hour runtime would be perfect for an extended power outage/emergency.

Last edited:

Dodger_Man

Newly Enlightened
In 1990 purchased a Surefire P6 I carried it at work and play until I aquired my Pelican M6 3watt last year. It has been a fantastic flashlight but it is LED lights from now on for me.