Virtually Eliminate the L2P rattle......

DonnyD

Newly Enlightened
I recently purchased Energizer 2500 Ni-MH, and when I loaded them in my MM L2P, the rattle was gone, gone, gone.........Sorry sanyo....I know you made them better somehow...and probable worse somehow, too....say they don't last as long.....that's ok, but my light burns brighter now, I think. Sure seemed that way the couple of times I've used them.

No rattle, no comparison.

NeoteriX

Newly Enlightened
the rattle has only to do with the width of the battery... If it's that annoying just stick a small sheet of paper or something to pad it. It's not a big deal and I have index card cutouts in both of my fenixes to make each battery fit snugly.

DonnyD

Newly Enlightened
Sure. The Energizers are fatter, so the rattle is gone with no extra moves. Plus, I think they push the light harder.

The index card is a good idea, sounds easy.

I was using duct tape, which works, but I can't be bothered doing too much of that.

InfidelCastro

Banned
It's my understanding as well that the L2P was made a little fatter to accommodate new higher capacity NIMH batteries. Or maybe the width was off and we just got lucky?
naughty.gif
Most likely I would say they designed it that way though. I wonder if the new 2700's and higher will fit?

It's my understanding that the new L2P's now come with a battery sleeve for use with alkalines? Is this correct??? Wonder if the L2T is going to come with them.

zulu45

Enlightened
Awesome. I just bought those today, with the compact charger. I'm glad to know they work well in this light.

Alloy Addict

Enlightened
I've got two Energizer 2500 mah NiMH cells in mine and it rattles just like other AA batteries.

My Energizers are the relabeled Sanyo type though, do you know if your Energizers are the Chinese manufactured NiMH's DonnyD?

DonnyD

Newly Enlightened
Alloy Addict said:
I've got two Energizer 2500 mah NiMH cells in mine and it rattles just like other AA batteries.

My Energizers are the relabeled Sanyo type though, do you know if your Energizers are the Chinese manufactured NiMH's DonnyD?

No, I don't know that for sure, and don't know how to tell the difference. Can you tell me? The energizers I bought really fit snugly, and I thought they burned brighter, too.

NeoteriX

Newly Enlightened
DonnyD said:
No, I don't know that for sure, and don't know how to tell the difference. Can you tell me? The energizers I bought really fit snugly, and I thought they burned brighter, too.

I think the trick to telling if yours are the "good" relabeled Sanyos is if they have an "HR" stamped at the bottom. The other ones are assumed to be made in China although I think currently the jury is out as to whether they are worse, equal, or better. The HRs are pretty much proven to be good though.

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Duracell (rebranded Sanyo) 2500s rattled in both my L1Ps and the L2P bodies. I wrapped a bit of masking tape around the center of each battery to eliminate the rattle. I usually have to do the same with my CR2 lights (Jils, Ion). I'd rather have the body too big than too small (like so many CR123A lights that can't accomidate rechargables).

Alloy Addict

Enlightened
Sorry DonnyD for taking so long to get back. NeoteriX answered the question exactly the same as I would have.

NeoteriX said:
I think the trick to telling if yours are the "good" relabeled Sanyos is if they have an "HR" stamped at the bottom. The other ones are assumed to be made in China although I think currently the jury is out as to whether they are worse, equal, or better. The HRs are pretty much proven to be good though.

DonnyD

Newly Enlightened
If I were smarter, I could have figured out how to post the picture by now, but, I'm not, so I didn't. One more day, please.

In the quick meantime, the Energizer says "Made in China for: Energizer Holdings...".

On the same battery, this is also printed: "NH15-AA, 1.2V NiMH HR6"

The color is Black and Silver, with two shades of green for trim and highlighting.

I'll get the picture up, too.

DonnyD

Newly Enlightened
InfidelCastro said:
Maybe the springs in some of the tailcaps are weaker than others?

Good point, but in my case the batteries are thicker, for sure. The Sanyo 2500 Industrials rattle, the Duracell 2500s rattle, and the Titanium 2400s are clanking inside there, too. But the Energizers swish right in snug, they don't make noise, and they seem to really push the modified L2.

I will do a little homework and get back to us.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you can't see the markings in the store, the packaging will also state the country of origin. They will state that they're either Made in Japan, or Made in China.

DonnyD said: