Need your help guys

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Everyone,

I've been searching around for a good light.

I'm looking for an Incandescent with a good throw (65 lumens would be nice).
It must also have an LED function as well. The LED doesn't need to be bright,
just something to use in the home at night if I need to get a drink or use the John in the middle of the night.

I'm almost dead set on the Surefire A2, can you guys recommend anything
else ??? I don't mind spending the cash on the A2, but if there is something
else out there that is not as pricey, but still good, let me know.

Thanks Guys!!

Ray

ANW

Newly Enlightened
Welcome, I would say get the A2, It will fit your needs very well, and you'll join the rest of us who are quite happy with the A2. Good Luck in your search and Enjoy the A2 is you get it.:)

zulu45

Enlightened
I doubt they are nearly as bright, but the Streamlight Twin-Task lights are pretty nice hybrids, too. I own and use a 1L, and it's pretty nice. Great battery life, too. And very inexpensive, though I doubt these can compete with the SF, they may just be enough to meet your needs.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the info guys, any other recommendations
would be greatly appreciated.:)

carrot

Flashaholic
A G2 with a lanyard attachment and a Photonlight clipped to it? :D not as elegant, but it works...

There are very few hybrid flashlights in existance, and none I know of can compete with the A2... except the Beast II, that is.

The L1 might suit you. In my informal tests it (my E1L, actually, which has the same optics) "appears" to throw nearly as well as my A2, and it has a low mode that shouldn't blow away your night vision. Make sure you pick up a F04 beamshaper to go with it.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well if you wait a short bit till the new LED Mag-Lites come out I saw that the D and C models come with the LED module and a xenon bulb option carried in the cap. SO it has both options but not concurrently.

Sgaterboy

Newly Enlightened
hop onto flashlightreviews.com. they have a special section just for incan/led hybrid reviews :)

carrot

Flashaholic
I forgot... there's also the Pila GL series of lights with a xenon lamp on one end, and LEDs in the tailcap. JSB tells me they're so "overbuilt" that they should surpass Surefire (the slimmer models, at least) in structural integrity.

Sgaterboy

Newly Enlightened
wolf eyes sniper. it has the tailcap with LEDs, and we get a discount from pts, i think.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
You guys are the best, I'll be researching these tonight.

I'll let you guys know what I end up getting.

Thanks AGAIN!!

Ray