Anyone sell Q-III tailcaps? (2 stage? AA?)

pbs357

Enlightened
I hear a lot of good things about the flupic, but honestly for this little guy I'm trying to go as simple & cost effective as possible. Does anybody sell a 2 stage tail that will do 100% similar performance as the stock tail on HI, and a dimmer, more battery efficient performance on LOW?

2nd Q: I heard I can get an extended tailcap for AA battery usage for the Q-III. Anybody have info?

edakoppo

Newly Enlightened
pbs357 said:
I hear a lot of good things about the flupic, but honestly for this little guy I'm trying to go as simple & cost effective as possible. Does anybody sell a 2 stage tail that will do 100% similar performance as the stock tail on HI, and a dimmer, more battery efficient performance on LOW?

PM Milkyspit--he can do the job (plus get it to stand on its tail and attach a lanyard ring to the clip) for a mere $40. Have had several done by him, and he's top-notch. If he thinks your emitter could stand replacement, he can also install you a new one for not much more.

pbs357 said:
2nd Q: I heard I can get an extended tailcap for AA battery usage for the Q-III. Anybody have info?

Tailcap, no. Extender going between tailcap and body, yes. PM LED_Experimenter for that one. I've bought from him twice and he's rock-solid, too.

Dark Vapor

Newly Enlightened
If you're going to spend $40 for a 2-stage tailcap, might as well get the FluPIC board for US$20 (not including s/h) and do the modification yourself. Make sure your light has a reverse clickie for the FluPIC, though.

It was really easy (knowing how to solder is good). I received the boards today converted 2 lights - first time doing it too. Hardest was breaking the glue in the bezel. There are threads on how install the board.

edit 05/16/06 - I may have misinterpreted that the modification for a 2-stage tailcap is $40. Maybe what was meant was that for $40 you get the Q3 with the 2-stage tailcap? As for the pseudo-normal switch, it will work but need getting used to. I tried both switches since I have one of each, and prefer the reverse switch (have it on order with Goldserve).

Last edited: