New Streamlights USA

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not intended to be sour grapes or some trolling rant, as I've been a loyal Streamlight customer for decades, but I've never been a fan of the Twin-Task series, and 80% of the output of a Luxeon just doesn't do much for me. But then that's just my take on it.

On the other hand, it is good to see that Streamlight is trying to expand its customer base to include the mainstream consumer market by delivering products of similar if not comparable quality to it's professional products at a price point that will appeal to the mass consumer market (i.e. CPF excluded :D )

abvidledUK said:

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
Agreed. 10-20 years ago SL was the leader in police flashlights. Every cop had a Stinger including me. But now with companies like AE (& the Powerlight) & Elektrolumens, it makes SL products look ancient.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if that applies to all departments or if it's just the urban departments. Much as Streamlights are in every car and there's a Stinger on most duty belts around here as well, there are still some departments with people running around with battery powered Mags as issued equipment.

john2551 said:
Agreed. 10-20 years ago SL was the leader in police flashlights. Every cop had a Stinger including me. But now with companies like AE (& the Powerlight) & Elektrolumens, it makes SL products look ancient.